Post Your Photography Here #2
Feb 7, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #6,046 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's exactly what I was aiming for. Or vampires, as Mocok said.

Ah, ok. In that case it works.

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #6,047 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nicely portable setup, I have the same sans the 'Super' part of the camera.

It's small but I shot with my Rolleicord Vb in the same circumstances and it makes me think about selling all my 35mm film SLRs. The tonality, detail, sharpness and bokeh on the Cord are just so much better.

It's also much easier to get candids/street shots with a TLR, people feel much less aware when you are looking down into a viewfinder when shooting, and you get into nice conversations with strangers when you shoot with vintage gear like that.

I must also say I love the viewfinders on TLRs, they make me more conscious of my composition because of the 3d effect you get and the inverted view in the finder. I think I will try to get a Rolleiflex with a Schneider Xenotar lens one of these days. I just love the Schneider Xenar on my Rolleicord Vb.

I like your first series of Venice, those are awesome!

Rolleicord Vb, Rollei Retro 100 developed in Rodinal 1:50 :

8886389_13031f563f_o.jpg

8886529_e4af67d6de_o.jpg

8886758_a8e68864eb_o.jpg

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #6,048 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by y3110w /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is a couple that I submitted a while ago for my photo class.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4051/...229d0f8a73.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2724/...1800d589e7.jpg

this last two I've had for a while, I haven't been able to go out and shoot photos in months
frown.gif

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2664/...7c761a1e95.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2750/...0b8a9cf739.jpg

I'll do a Towert7 one:

Too many borders, too much and too uneven vignetting, and no space between photos. Other than that, awesome!
biggrin.gif

Seriously, nice photos, but I don't 'feel' it, if you know what I mean.

This one I 'feel'. Seriously good photo. Sort of Atget plus humans. Or should I say, 'very P. Sauer'?
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

8886303_b265934986_o.jpg

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #6,050 of 15,743
Sweet angle.

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #6,051 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll do a Towert7 one:

Too many borders, too much and too uneven vignetting, and no space between photos. Other than that, awesome!
biggrin.gif

This one I 'feel'. Seriously good photo. Sort of Atget plus humans. Or should I say, 'very P. Sauer'?
wink.gif

Thanks for mentioning Atget, I hadn't heard of him, looks wonderful.

I think 'very P. Sauer' accurately translates as 'compulsive, all over the place photography with lots of complete failures and a rare partial success'.
biggrin.gif

Let's see if I can slip these by the border police...
Fuji Provia 400X, Rolleicord Vb:

8884547_363c178eb4_o.jpg

8884116_2537c3d2a1_o.jpg

8884546_50d0b17d25_o.jpg

Feb 7, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #6,052 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think 'very P. Sauer' accurately translates as 'compulsive, all over the place photography with lots of complete failures and a rare partial success'.
biggrin.gif

Well of course, but they do have an identity.
They're your photos, and bear mark of your thoughts and method. If a black and white urban landscape shot by you were compared to one shot by Wil, it'd be pretty easy to tell who's which. You both have posted some great pieces, but while the style of Wil is modern, no nonsense, confrontational, not exactly aggressive, but if I may say so, American? While yours seem more contemplating, drifting. It seems like you're more of an observer than one who's looking for a dialogue. As you said yourself, you like to take candids, and even when there are no human subjects there still are a faint candid feel to it.

I think that might be enough analysis for now.
This is all just what I see, and can be just as much, or more, revealing of my thoughts and methods than yours.
redface.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #6,054 of 15,743
Quote:

I'll do a Towert7 one:

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Yeah, I have a weird love for vignette. I am still trying to find my comfort zone in photography so to speak, so thanks for the response, it's greatly appreciated. Will also try to do less/no borders.
beerchug.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #6,058 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Planar_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dfkt:

That last shot with the lady using that film camera (and smoking, that takes some talent) is pretty cool! Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a Pentax Spotmatic?

I think it's a Canon AE-1.

Feb 8, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #6,059 of 15,743
Quote:

Well of course, but they do have an identity.
They're your photos, and bear mark of your thoughts and method. If a black and white urban landscape shot by you were compared to one shot by Wil, it'd be pretty easy to tell who's which. You both have posted some great pieces, but while the style of Wil is modern, no nonsense, confrontational, not exactly aggressive, but if I may say so, American? While yours seem more contemplating, drifting. It seems like you're more of an observer than one who's looking for a dialogue. As you said yourself, you like to take candids, and even when there are no human subjects there still are a faint candid feel to it.

I think that might be enough analysis for now.
This is all just what I see, and can be just as much, or more, revealing of my thoughts and methods than yours.
redface.gif

Thanks! good to know I have a recognizable style at least. :p

More Rollei Retro 100 (Agfa APX) in Rodinal (not sure whether this was 1:50 or 1:100 stand, I did two of each on four rolls 120) from the Rolleicord Vb:

8887684_ce9c067e5f_o.jpg

8889476_3caae1c58c_o.jpg

8889472_8d21ab9b39_o.jpg

8889471_b7026ea72a_o.jpg

8889469_59bdc9aace_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back