grado015.jpg

grado018.jpg

grado017.jpg

grado019.jpg

grado016.jpg

grado020.jpg

Dec 18, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #1,293 of 8,987
Dec 20, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #1,294 of 8,987
my grado sr60i, just a day old and didnt like the looks. so decided to mod it with my brother...

1. painted the aluminum mesh red 

2. decided to make it with a removable single jack instead of having the y cable.

3. got my brother's ear cushion from an HP headphones.

so far i love the sound quality, it kinda sounded better for me, and i love the looks as a whole..

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #1,295 of 8,987
Those pads look like they were intended to be put onto a closed HP. Are you dead sure it sounds better than before??

Dec 20, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #1,298 of 8,987
I was wondering if after doing the single ended mod your headphones leaned to one side because of the cable. I'd like to do something similar, but I've read before that single entry is heavier on one side.

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #1,299 of 8,987
not really.. depending on how heavy the cable you're using and the length. it should be not to long and not to short that you can barely put your phone in your pocket.... its really better to  get some advice from the experts, since they know better than i do... but for looks and moding sake, i did this... have fun exploring and let me know how it worked! 
regular_smile .gif

Dec 21, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #1,302 of 8,987

Quote:
not really.. depending on how heavy the cable you're using and the length. it should be not to long and not to short that you can barely put your phone in your pocket.... its really better to  get some advice from the experts, since they know better than i do... but for looks and moding sake, i did this... have fun exploring and let me know how it worked! 
regular_smile .gif

Sweet! I'll be doing this as soon as my woodies come in.

Quote:
hey! where did you get your custom ear cushion and the headband? and is there any difference if i make holes on the drivers like what you did?

I'm not quite sure if you're talking to me, because I don't have a custom headband, but read this thread if you haven't already. It's quite lengthy, but it's a good read.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/508459/sr60-mod

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #1,303 of 8,987

Quote:
Quote:
regular_smile .gif

Sweet! I'll be doing this as soon as my woodies come in.

how much did it cost you and where did you order? thanks

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #1,304 of 8,987
Just finished these last night. MS1's with modded cables and a custom lambskin headband which came out even better than I had hoped.

More pics and info here... http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/529735/custom-embossed-leather-headband

Users who are viewing this thread

Back