post your grado mods....
Nov 23, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #1,261 of 8,987
Do you guys know if the depth of the cup really makes a difference on the Sound Signature? I am currently using deep cups, but they are a little too big outside of my home. I am thinking about modding it down a bit. Any advice?

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #1,262 of 8,987

Quote:
Do you guys know if the depth of the cup really makes a difference on the Sound Signature?

IMO rather not, but the bat ear fraction may disagree...

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #1,263 of 8,987

Quote:
Do you guys know if the depth of the cup really makes a difference on the Sound Signature?

IMO rather not, but the bat ear fraction may disagree...

Nov 27, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #1,267 of 8,987
Here are my SR-80's, they've been through the gauntlet.  Driver venting and damping, custom grills, and custom pads on the cups and headband.  Hopefully I'll get to a recable next. 

Dec 4, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #1,268 of 8,987
My MS-1  jack had a lose contact so I decided to plunge and try to make an entire new cable. It was my first time soldering and making a cable looks great and sounds great. Not the best heat shrink  but good enough.

Dec 9, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #1,269 of 8,987
I bought a jmoney dark brown headband. I hated the gold cups so i sprayed oven cleaner on them to take the gold off. They are similar in color to the silver 325s but they have a whitish matte finish to them. i posted in another thread that they have a post apocalyptic feel to them.

Dec 9, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #1,273 of 8,987

Nice Job!   I didn't  like the gold either.

How do you get the plastic rings out of that slot on the face.  The name rings.  Do they just pry out?

I just heated up the ends of the cups. I used a push pin to pry it up. It was somewhat of a pain in the butt but the finally came out. I was considering a wood ring.

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #1,274 of 8,987

They look great. But because of you I just ordered a JMoney headband! Dang it! Yessss! Oh Im confused. Spend.  To.  Much.  Money. Ugh. But yeah, nic pic! 

It is a nice headband. I was worried it would be more red. I saw a few pics of the dark brown that made them look reddish. Its a pretty dark brown. Really comfy also. You should enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back