post your grado mods....
Dec 8, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #8,117 of 8,987
Ready for drivers, all these parts are from: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipiboAudio
Generic eBay G-pads...

DSC_9316.jpg
DSC_9319.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171208_103216-01.jpeg
    IMG_20171208_103216-01.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #8,120 of 8,987
Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #8,122 of 8,987
Ready for drivers, all these parts are from: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipiboAudio
Generic eBay G-pads...

I’ve been chatting to Przem @Shipibo lately about the slim rodblocks/gimbals and Zebrano cups. It looks like you got the first pair of gimbals and last pair of cups. Basically you built the headphones I was planning. Gotta say Nice job tho, even if it looks like you stole my planned cans! You haven’t said which drivers are going in them tho, it’s not Turbulent X is it? If not I may still have a chance of originals! Tho I have been looking at Rhydons c7 3D printed cup too :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #8,123 of 8,987
Concur that zebra wood looks wild. Very nice.

It reminds me somewhat of the Keralian Birch cups that were posted somewhere in the Grado section a while back!

Dec 9, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #8,127 of 8,987
@cirodts , these are considered generic G-pads. FYI: you might be able to get them cheaper from ebay
Grado G-pads are usually $30-40 and you can tell by the construction since its built with 3 different layers of foam while generic ones are usually only a single type of foam. I find the generic G-pads more comfortable since the foam is softer than the Grado pads on the edge and as a benefit they boost the bass a little and give a slightly better sound stage over the stock L-pads

Dec 10, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #8,128 of 8,987
@cirodts , these are considered generic G-pads. FYI: you might be able to get them cheaper from ebay
Grado G-pads are usually $30-40 and you can tell by the construction since its built with 3 different layers of foam while generic ones are usually only a single type of foam. I find the generic G-pads more comfortable since the foam is softer than the Grado pads on the edge and as a benefit they boost the bass a little and give a slightly better sound stage over the stock L-pads
Yes I feel great with g pad, the sound is different and more engaging

Dec 10, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #8,129 of 8,987
I almost gave up with Grado headphones since I didn't think about trying the G-pads and only the Grado L-pad, Earzonk L-pad and the flats (S-pads?). While the EZ L-pads are a touch more comfortable than the Grado L-pads they change the sound too much and get painful for me after an hour but the with the generic G-pads I've been able to listen for 7-8 hours. While not quite as comfortable as the generic G-pads the Grado G-pads reduces the bass a few dB's but they do seem to have better imaging and sound stage so for some it maybe the better choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back