Post your computer specs!~
Jul 20, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #2,446 of 3,087
Haven't upgraded in a while, but also didn't post my upgrades in a while either, so here it goes:

MoBo: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5
RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070
PSU: Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750w
Storage: Inland Premium 1tb NVME + Toshiba X300 4tb
Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black)
Monitor: AOC Agon AG322FCX
Keyboard: Leopold FC900R (Cherry Pink)
Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless
Mousepad: Razer Invicta Quartz
20200720_160230.jpg

Jul 30, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #2,447 of 3,087
Upgraded a little,

Gigabyte Z270P-D3 Motherboard
Intel i7 6700k OC'd to 4.5GHz
Hypertec DDR4 2133 RAM 16GB (2 x 8GB) OC'd to 2666
Gigabyte GAMING OC RTX 2070 Super graphics card
Alphacool Eisbaer 240 CPU AIO
Fractal Design Focus G Case
Fractal Design 2 x 140mm front intake fans, 1 x 120mm exhaust fan
128gb Kingston SSD
2tb seagate HDD
3tb seagate HDD
EVGA 750w G3 Gold PSU

Changed my motherboard to an Asus Z170 as it had a little more flexibility when overclocking but I still settled on 4.5ghz as that's the best with my current AIO setup. Now it's housed in a much nicer Fractal Define 7 Compact case with their Venturi 120mm AF fans in the front (x3) and the normal 120mm GP12 in the exhaust spot. It was a really nice case to build in, and is a great size.

IMG_20200610_171005.jpg
IMG_20200610_170738 (1).jpg

Aug 6, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #2,448 of 3,087
9Yreyia.jpg

Eluktronics Mech 15-G3

• core i7 10875H
  • RTX 2080 Super MaxQ
  • 64GB 2933Mhz RAM
  • 1 TB Samsung 970 Pro
  • 4 TB Sabrent Rocket
Also in the picture

• Abyss Diana V2
  • E1DA 9038S-G3 DAC
  • Samsung T5 2TB
  • Razer Atheris + Goliathus Mobile
  • 3x Asus MB16AMT
Is this the most compact laptop with such high spec you found? I just looked at a Alienware 51M, it's so thick and bulky. I personally like the size and slim profile of Razor, but do they have high performers that are the slimmest profile? Anybody know what has the best size in terms of being slim and also perform really well? What seems to be the best in this catagory?

I really dislike the look of gaming laptops with the nasty color, and hate the rgb color trend.

IMG_20181217_174644.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #2,449 of 3,087
Is this the most compact laptop with such high spec you found? I just looked at a Alienware 51M, it's so thick and bulky. I personally like the size and slim profile of Razor, but do they have high performers that are the slimmest profile? Anybody know what has the best size in terms of being slim and also perform really well? What seems to be the best in this catagory?

I really dislike the look of gaming laptops with the nasty color, and hate the rgb color trend.

IMG_20181217_174644.jpg

I was looking for the best performance in the thin and light segment. My laptop which is the Eluktronics Mech 15 G3 is that since it performs around 15-20% better than every other laptop in this category(because of open design I discussed earlier in the thread) and has a mechanical keyboard too. There's literally no other laptop that will outperform this outside of heavy desktop replacements.

However, it's slightly thicker at 0.9" compared to Acer Triton and Razer Blade which are at 0.7". However, I'm good as long as the thickness is below 1". It's not that different imo. The mech keyboard needs the thickness for key travel.

I too dislike RGB and "GAMER" branding in laptops. This laptop has no branding whatsoever like literally, there's not even the logo of the company. It's completely black, no stickers too.

Eluktronics also sells the MAX 15 which is the lightest laptop in the thin and light category. It's still at 0.77"

Triton 500 and Razer Blade 15 Advanced are there if you want the absolute thinnest but can sacrifice performance/lightness.

Aug 6, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #2,450 of 3,087
I think the Razer Blade 15 is the option most people turn to for thin performance laptop. I've tried using a friend's for sometime and it's well built and performs surprisingly well considering its build. It's all personal preference but I'd agree with seamon that options that are a little bit thicker might be more desirable (even if its from just a price perspective).

Aug 7, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #2,451 of 3,087
I think the Razer Blade 15 is the option most people turn to for thin performance laptop. I've tried using a friend's for sometime and it's well built and performs surprisingly well considering its build. It's all personal preference but I'd agree with seamon that options that are a little bit thicker might be more desirable (even if its from just a price perspective).
Holy crap that thing is thin for a gaming laptop! I don't see why people go Apple with such level of performance you can get? Lots of Apple laptops are overpriced for what they are when it comes to internal hardware.

Aug 7, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #2,452 of 3,087
I can't wait until they start putting in OLED displays. LCDs are no match for OLED's vivid colors. LCDs look washed out in comparison and I just can't look at LCDs for games and movies anymore.

At home, I prefer to feed all media to my OLED TV.

Aug 7, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #2,453 of 3,087
I can't wait until they start putting in OLED displays. LCDs are no match for OLED's vivid colors. LCDs look washed out in comparison and I just can't look at LCDs for games and movies anymore.

At home, I prefer to feed all media to my OLED TV.
Gigabyte is shipping some thin and light laptops with 4K OLED displays. Razer is too I think.

The problem with OLED screens on Windows is that they will burn in pretty fast.

Aug 7, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #2,454 of 3,087
The problem with OLED screens on Windows is that they will burn in pretty fast.
True, and that's probably why they were slow to impliment for PC monitors as the OS has static elements in the UI. There should be solutions out there for the new OLED displays.

I like the thinness of Razer, and general non-flashy, and no nasty gamer look to it. The issue I have is the damn logo. I really hate that tramp stamp lookin logo. They need to do something about that. I never understood the rgb lighting for gamer stuff. Are they trying to create a mini-disco in the gaming space? As far as I see it, they are just distractions.

Aug 7, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #2,455 of 3,087

I like everything about it except the fan noise. It gets crazy loud under load. Now I just use it to run Roon core.

Aug 7, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #2,456 of 3,087
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K OC'd
Motherboard: MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 850W Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD (1TB Samsung 860 EVO)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC'd
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO (Graphics Card + CPU) w/ Copper Tubing
Chassis Fans: Corsair ML PRO Series (High Static Pressure) (Magnetic Levitation)
Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software
Monitor 1: LG lg38gl950g
Monitor 2: Acer XB271HU
Keyboard: Logitech G915
Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless

20200521_122050.jpg20200807_153312.jpg

Aug 11, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #2,457 of 3,087
Holy crap that thing is thin for a gaming laptop! I don't see why people go Apple with such level of performance you can get? Lots of Apple laptops are overpriced for what they are when it comes to internal hardware.
Yeah I think previously people paid the Apple premium because they knew that the machining and build quality of the product that they were purchasing would be top notch. There weren't any Windows laptops that screamed 'premium'. I think that started to change 5 or so years ago when MS was releasing their surface laptop products and other brands started making more premium and well-machined products.

I guess most Apple consumers aren't really purchasing apple laptops for the internal specs either but because they're already so deep in the ecosystem and whatever they consider the brand name holds.

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #2,458 of 3,087
Just a question. Been looking for mouse, but I hate the look of gaming mouses with the nasty rgb and transformer look to them. Anyway, I can ignore all this as long as performance is good. What is the most accurate and precise mouse that is highly durable?

Any experts in mouses can tell me what makes a precise and accurate mouse? Or are they all pretty much the same besides visual designs, ergonomics, and marketting?

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #2,459 of 3,087
Just a question. Been looking for mouse, but I hate the look for gaming mouses with the nasty rgb and transformer look to them. Anyway, I can ignore all this as long as performance is good. What is the most accurate and precise mouse that is highly durable?

Any experts in mouses can tell me what makes a precise and accurate mouse? Or are they all pretty much the same besides visual designs, ergonomics, and marketting?
I'm using Razer Atheris - compact,sleek, no RGB and long battery life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back