Post your car pics!
Nov 2, 2004 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

sbatth

Head-Fier
I just got a new car and couldn't resist trying to start one of these wonderful threads that give us a way to procrastinate just another 5 minutes.

'05 CLK 500... not quite an '04 CL600, but i'm definitely very happy w/it. the cool thing is that the harmon/kardon 12 spkr setup has surprisingly good sound. it has this thing called logicpro that i'm not familiar w/, but really makes the music come to life.

1024x768 gallery:
http://www.stanford.edu/~sbatth/clk500/clk500.html

2592x1944 gallery:
http://www.stanford.edu/~sbatth/clk5...k500hires.html

here's a sneak peak:
2.jpg

can't wait until i hit 1000 miles so i can put it into the sport mode and have fun w/the new 7-speed tranny that's in the '05 500s w/the std 5.0 liter V8.

Nov 3, 2004 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 26
Man....congratulations big time. Your car is super need and definitely one of my dream car. You are very lucky to get it. Is this your birthday present from your Dad?

Purk

Nov 3, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 26
yeah... i was looking at the m3 or a 330Ci w/performance package, but those didn't have the comfort i was looking for. i think anybody spending a lot of money on a car shouldn't just have to settle for pure performance. i'm VERY okay w/sacrificing .7 seconds on my 0-60 if it means i can have an extremely comfortable car that i enjoy driving. i had been car shopping for about 4 months before my dad bought this for me. he's always liked this car but i initially was going for the m3 or 330Ci w/performance pkg because of the reviews those cars got in MotorTrend, Automobile mag, et al. but, just like headphones, i had to evaluate my interests and match those with a car instead of wanting what people who are only happy w/the cutting edge in performance want. will take it to my first head-fi meet if i can make it (norcal). heh.

Nov 3, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbane
WOW! Nice car. I'll see if I can borrow a friends camera so I can post picks of my Audi.

thanks! btw, i test drove an audi s4 too... omg. i don't know why people spend money on an m3 when they can buy the s4. the AWD does wonders for the avg driver who likes taking quick corners and accelerating quickly. http://www.audiusa.com/model_home/0,...h_home_theater

Nov 3, 2004 at 1:23 AM Post #6 of 26
sbatth,
Great to see your dream come true! I really think you did the right thing and went with Mercedes. BMW is a great great car but usually prone to problems later on. Speaking of engine, that 5.0 L V-8 will last forever. I'm that you pick the big block engine instead of the supercharge ones.

Nov 3, 2004 at 1:28 AM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
sbatth,
Great to see your dream come true! I really think you did the right thing and went with Mercedes. BMW is a great great car but usually prone to problems later on. Speaking of engine, that 5.0 L V-8 will last forever. I'm that you pick the big block engine instead of the supercharge ones.

yeah, bmw has some nice inline-6 engines, but i think mercedes' V8s are awesome.

Nov 3, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #9 of 26
there was an older thread with members' cars, but i'll post again...

my 1986 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL
BENZ.JPG

BENZFRONT.JPG

biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2004 at 6:04 PM Post #10 of 26
When my 1990 Nissan Maxima kicks the bucket I will buy a used Toyota Corolla. Then I will save my money until I can afford the Audi RS6 - that's the only car I'm willing to spend that kind of money on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back