Post the pic of your mus. intrument.
May 6, 2004 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

marios_mar

Headphoneus Supremus
Post a picture of your beloved musical instrument here and a few words about it, how you got it, what you like (or possibly don’t) about it etc.

Here is my 1995 Gibson Les Paul Studio in Vintage Sunburst, full size body, trapeizoid inlays, equipped with a Gibson PAF at the bridge position and stock neck humbucker that will be replaced by a PAF as well. The sound can be soft and soothing bluesy with an edge or without (if you play around with its beautiful vol. and tone knobs.) and if you want to hard rock with the Les Paul it’s as heavy as it gets.
The mid-nineties studios are some of the best Studios ever produced by Gibson being pretty much the same as the standards except the plastic body binding. (in contrast to earlier and later produced studios some of which were quite different than the standards). It is one of my most precious possessions and I am happy and proud for owning it. I hope I keep it for life.

lespaul.jpg

May 6, 2004 at 11:35 PM Post #2 of 25
A picture of a Fox-Renard 220 bassoon (not mine which is at home while I'm at college).

It's a great instrument and I love it, how it looks, how it sounds, how it feels. However, it's a pain to move, nobody has any idea what it is, and I just don't have the time to give it the attention it deserves. My parents got it for me cause the high school's bassoon was absolutely horrid, I played it all through high school but haven't for several years and I feel bad whenever I think about that. Maybe I'll play over the summer...

220a.jpg

May 7, 2004 at 12:34 AM Post #4 of 25
<<<<look at avatar!
biggrin.gif

ESP Viper 301 (many claim it to be the "warped" gibson sg)

Regards,
Dan

May 7, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
I really haven't touched the sax for a long time due to my apartment living, but I play my drums almost every day.

Nice raif! Is that the new V-Stage set? Man, I haven't looked at Rolands in a while, but I knew they were coming out with new ones. So they're out now huh? How you like it? What'd you have before? I hear the TD20S-BK V-Pro is supposed to be "All that, a bag of chips, a little more, and then some!" As for me, I use Hart Dynamic's Mega Pro set with the lowly TD-6.

(click on the pic for a larger pic)

Edit: See, an original pic just for Mario!

May 7, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #11 of 25
Getzen Eterna 900S Professional Trumpet

GT900SCLASSIC.jpg

In real life mine is very used, very tarnished, and some of the silver plating has been worn off of the valve caps.

I also have a rare Getzen Eterna 896S 4 valve flugelhorn. The fouth valve used for better intonation in place of the 1/3 combination.

896S.jpg

Again, mine is is much more "used" looking than this one. But you get the idea.

May 8, 2004 at 1:21 AM Post #13 of 25
I have a 1914 French Besson Trumpet (silver) and a goldplated Bach from sometime in the early 1990's... there's a Jupiter pocket trumpet too. I'll post pictures when I stop being lazy.
wink.gif

May 8, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #15 of 25
My DIY Strat clone.
strat.jpg

Warmoth quilted maple over mahogany Strat with Brazillian rosewood over flame maple Warmoth neck. MOP dots, Sperzels, Seymour Duncan PUPs, heavy as a Les Paul and comfortable as a Strat.

I have a Japanese Les Paul clone but no pics of it - found it molding in my in-law's basement and brought it back to life with eBay parts.

My Fuzzbox!
A Fuzz Face clone with some added control over tone.
fuzz_box_2.jpg

My old rig, '72 Les Paul Deluxe (modified for full--size Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates PUPs) and 64 Fender Deluxe. I miss these guys...
72_lespauldeluxe.jpg

ok,
erix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back