post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Sep 2, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #5,071 of 6,467

Townyj

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Posts
2,325
Likes
83
some very nice rigs here
smily_headphones1.gif
 
Sep 2, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #5,072 of 6,467

ricksome

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 28, 2002
Posts
874
Likes
115
100_1386.jpg


The laptop stand is made by Rubbermaid or Rolodex. You will see both names on the stand as they have the same owner. This is available at Sams Club.

Here is a link for the amp. I paid $5.00 more to have mine mounted in a Black Hammond Case
 
Sep 3, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #5,075 of 6,467

UncleDavid218

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Posts
231
Likes
10
I'm still deciding what I'm going to get for speakers, so in the mean time I'm using some cheap Insignia speakers from Best Buy. I'm thinking either B&W 602s or PSB B25s. Anyway, here's my setup. Keep in mind I'm a college freshmen -- I have a long way to go. I'm going to revamp my headphone setup here shortly (I just sold off my SR-325i and Little Dot I+ combo).

The main rig is a custom built PC (Q6600 @ 3.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2TB HDD, GTX260) that's loaded with FLAC. It goes into a Fubar II USB DAC and then into an Onix SP3 MKII Integrated amp. For now the computer is my only source, although I intend to buy a nice CD player shortly. The stands are Ultimate 36" speaker stands. The TV is a 46" 120Hz W series from Sony. My setup is misleading -- I rarely use it for movies. It's almost solely used for stereo listening... and bliss it is.

IMG_6625.jpg


IMG_6620.jpg


IMG_6637.jpg


IMG_6627.jpg
 
Sep 3, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #5,076 of 6,467

woof37

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Posts
884
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleDavid218 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still deciding what I'm going to get for speakers, so in the mean time I'm using some cheap Insignia speakers from Best Buy. I'm thinking either B&W 602s or PSB B25s. Anyway, here's my setup. Keep in mind I'm a college freshmen -- I have a long way to go. I'm going to revamp my headphone setup here shortly (I just sold off my SR-325i and Little Dot I+ combo).

The main rig is a custom built PC (Q6600 @ 3.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2TB HDD, GTX260) that's loaded with FLAC. It goes into a Fubar II USB DAC and then into an Onix SP3 MKII Integrated amp. For now the computer is my only source, although I intend to buy a nice CD player shortly. The stands are Ultimate 36" speaker stands. The TV is a 46" 120Hz W series from Sony. My setup is misleading -- I rarely use it for movies. It's almost solely used for stereo listening... and bliss it is.



That's your room in college? Awesome. Wow.

Props on the P182 btw. I love mine...super quiet.
 
Sep 3, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #5,077 of 6,467

UncleDavid218

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Posts
231
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's your room in college? Awesome. Wow.

Props on the P182 btw. I love mine...super quiet.



Indeed. It's been a lot of hard work as I've paid for literally everything you see (sans the bed... that was a present).

And the P182 is the perfect case for this kind of setup. Quiet, discreet... perfect.
 
Sep 3, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #5,079 of 6,467

UncleDavid218

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Posts
231
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue_smile.gif


Dude, I want your foosball!



It's definitely the best part of the room when I have company. That table weighs 200 pounds or so... so it's pretty solid. Much fun is had there.
 
Sep 3, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #5,080 of 6,467

Lil' Knight

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 16, 2007
Posts
6,872
Likes
21
Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleDavid218 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed. It's been a lot of hard work as I've paid for literally everything you see (sans the bed... that was a present).



What college are you studying in? That's such an amazing dorm room.
 
Sep 3, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #5,081 of 6,467

UncleDavid218

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Posts
231
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What college are you studying in? That's such an amazing dorm room.


It's not a dorm room -- which explains that. It's actually an "apartment" in my parent's new house. I'm studying at the University of Minnesota-Duluth.
 
Sep 3, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #5,082 of 6,467

drizzt

Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Posts
81
Likes
10
Nice place uncle David. Looks like an extremely chill place to live and hang out. Too may distractions for me to be able to study though. Not a bad thing of course.
 
Sep 3, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #5,083 of 6,467

UncleDavid218

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Posts
231
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice place uncle David. Looks like an extremely chill place to live and hang out. Too may distractions for me to be able to study though. Not a bad thing of course.


Thank you. We'll see how that all pans out -- I start in 6 days. I think I'll be fine though (with music as my escape).
 
Sep 3, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #5,084 of 6,467

Zodduska

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 3, 2007
Posts
1,368
Likes
14
Sweet room UncleDavid, I'm really diggin the rough wall with the fireplace.. nice!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top