POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Nov 4, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #1,096 of 2,461
While I can concede some would prefer the Amboyna Burl x-deep - I yearn for a pair similar to the initial pair of x-deep Kosina.......but, Larry won't build 'em for me. I sent an email at the time, but too late
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Boo. Hissssss.

Nov 4, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #1,097 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rob (Monsieur Skylab), How does the sound of the Black Palms compare with your Paduak? The palms are slightly less deep - or so Larry implied. Any sound difference?

It seems to me that the Black Palms are a tiny bit warmer in the midbass. Not as much so as regular Darths, but more so that my Paduak deep-cups, which are mega-deep.

What I like so much about the deep cup Darths is that they have less midbass than regular, enough to make the overall bass quite powerful, but to where overall sound across the spectrum seems quite balanced. The Black Palm Darths still accomplish this, with just a touch more midbass.

Nov 4, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #1,099 of 2,461
Not to seem rude, but you guys has not yet answered my question on which cable to choose. No idea?

/Chopha

Nov 4, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #1,100 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone else notice headphile.com is down?

Me! My web host is moving... and as I figured, (from memory of when head-fi did similar), things aren't going as smooth as hoped. So for now (and until they iron out their wrinkles), no website or email for me! Also, no DEAL will be posted (for sale) till I am sure all is stable. Current status from their temp site...

...begun moving our Network Operations Center (NOC) from Baltimore, Maryland to an upgraded best-in-class facility situated in Andover, Massachusetts.

We are starting to see some sites come back up as we go through the final stages of testing and updating ip blocks. While we believe this will be the final stages we hesitate to name any specific time for completion (Sunday afternoon EST best estimate) as further issues could arise. But, we are seeing sites go live and we are seeing progress in general.

We deeply regret this inconvenience to you and to your own customers, and please understand that we're doing everything in our power to resolve the situation as promptly as possible.

Nov 4, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #1,101 of 2,461
Wow, thanks for the update Larry! Best of luck with all that.

SmittySan 89, I personally don't like Cardas headphone cable - way too stiff. I'd go with Darth Beyers if I were you. I like them better than either the stock 05 DT770 or the Luke SkyBeyers, and since the stock 05 DT770's are not cheap, the best value would be the Darth Beyers bought complete from Larry. Just don't use expensive wood or cable to keep the cost down.

Chopa, I personally prefer BlackMax.

Nov 4, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #1,102 of 2,461
Thank you for the answer.
Hve you tried one of the other alternatives? If yes, how do the BlackMaxe stand out?

/Chopha

Nov 5, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #1,103 of 2,461
I had BlackSilver, but BlackMax is more detailed AND smoother sounding.

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #1,104 of 2,461
Hey guys,

Just wanted to point out I bought a M^3 second hand with crossfeed and bass boost adjustment, paired with my Darth's it sounds so great.

This is a major upgrade over my LD2++, the m^3 use 6065 op-amps and the mids are so different in a good way! The m^3 sounds really smooth and detailed. I remember Larry suggested solid state with the darth's I can see now, feels like the headphones are faster and more aggressive, they also feel less congested somehow. The bass seems to go lower also, very happy with this duo.

I have bought my Darth's about a 7-8 months ago and I love them so much I wanna get another pair! I have the opened version. I am wondering if any of you guys have both versions and if any of you would like to share their impressions. (This has been asked before, but I am wondering if there is any new users that have experienced both.)

The bad thing about the Darth's is that when you have heard them. You don't want to get any stock headphones, I had to get grado's recabled and woodyfied. :p

very_evil_smiley.gif

Charles

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #1,105 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems to me that the Black Palms are a tiny bit warmer in the midbass. Not as much so as regular Darths, but more so that my Paduak deep-cups, which are mega-deep.

What I like so much about the deep cup Darths is that they have less midbass than regular, enough to make the overall bass quite powerful, but to where overall sound across the spectrum seems quite balanced. The Black Palm Darths still accomplish this, with just a touch more midbass.

Thanks! ah, a really good description of how the deep Darths differ from standard. Less boom/warmth in the mid-bass equals a more balanced overall sound. Thqat makes a lot of sense - as does the deeper cups providing a better chamber to control the mid-bass. I would also think that the soundstage might be bigger? (I'm actually delighted with the soundstage on my Darths already. It's not extremely wide but instruments are placed in an inverted "U" surrounding my head - as much vertical depth as horizontal - very appealing.)

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #1,108 of 2,461
HOLY SCHMOLEY, Larry those sure look nice!

Best of luck with the website...

EDIT: what is the "general" forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back