Post pics of your builds....
Jan 4, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #7,682 of 9,811

Quote:
Alcaudon, excellent looking SOHA II.  What process/technique was used to apply the lettering?

Thanks jlefley, nothing compared to your beta.

The lettering it's actually just a vinyl sticker. I just did the design of the logos and lettering and went to a local store, they cutted everything with a cutter plotter and then I used transparent tape to transport everything to the case.

It's quite simple actually and turned out far better than I expected, it does not look as good as engraved letters but it's way more cheap (did enough logos for more than 10 amps for 20 €) and they can cut almost anything you draw 
wink.gif

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #7,683 of 9,811
The lettering it's actually just a vinyl sticker. I just did the design of the logos and lettering and went to a local store, they cutted everything with a cutter plotter and then I used transparent tape to transport everything to the case.  
It's quite simple actually and turned out far better than I expected, it does not look as good as engraved letters but it's way more cheap (did enough logos for more than 10 amps for 20 €) and they can cut almost anything you draw 
wink.gif

I would never have guessed that was stick on vinyl letters from those photos, looked like very shallow engraving with infill.  Very nice.
tongue.gif

How did you do the contrasting Black pieces with the vents and around the tubes?

Jan 5, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #7,684 of 9,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would never have guessed that was stick on vinyl letters from those photos, looked like very shallow engraving with infill.  Very nice.
tongue.gif

How did you do the contrasting Black pieces with the vents and around the tubes?

X2 on both...  It looks like a full (flat) black plate under the top cover but don't see how its attached. 
I've wanted to use a bit of screen on a couple of my top covers but couldn't figure out how to attach it under the top lid (w/o something like rivets through top cover).

Jan 5, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #7,686 of 9,811
Jan 5, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #7,687 of 9,811

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's just a piece of semi-transparent plexiglass (this one: http://www.plexiglas-shop.com/NL/en/plexiglas-truled-hrikze7jsb4/plexiglas-truled-black-9h04-sc-33cfo9caunz~p.html) glued with silicone:

It's a great material, with a satin finish on one side (the side facing up) and a glossy finish on the other.

Thanks for the link Alc, I might need it someday. Do they also cut the plexi as desired? Like holes and such?

Jan 5, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #7,689 of 9,811

Quote:

Thanks for the link Alc, I might need it someday. Do they also cut the plexi as desired? Like holes and such?

You're welcome
wink.gif
. They cut the pieces as desired, but you'll have to drill the ventilantion holes yourself.... sorry
frown.gif

heh no biggie, thanks for the info!

Jan 5, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #7,690 of 9,811

Quote:
I love how compact your build is. No space was wasted at all in those chassis. Great job!!

Thanks, as you can see everything barely fit in the enclosures.  I went through a few design iterations in CAD to come up with the final layout.  I have to give credit to AMB's group build β22 for demonstrating that 4 boards can fit in a 12" x 12" footprint.

Quote:

wink.gif

Interesting, it almost looks like laser engraving from the photos.  This is definitely a good alternative to more costly engraving/machining considering how nicely it turned out.

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #7,691 of 9,811
Alcaudon and jlefley, inspirational builds.  Here is my contribution - although not as refined as what has been appearing in this thread lately.  It is an M cubed powered by a YJPS.  The MMM is configured with variable gain from about 4 to 14.  More photos can be found in this album.

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #7,693 of 9,811
I mounted it that way based on Tangent's recommendation in the assembly guide section of the YJPS website.

Quote:
The best layout I’ve come up with is to put the AC inlet in the back left corner of the case, and the circuit being powered up in the right front. Then the YJPS board goes along the back left part of the case, leaving the regulated DC output at the back right, near the rear of the other board, where its DC inlet probably is. The pair make a kind of L shape.

This puts the AC in the far left corner of the case, farthest away from the amplifier board.

Edit: and thanks for the compliment
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back