Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Mar 13, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #2,206 of 4,134

Quote:
It's not very substantial, but it IS my latest headphone purchase.

Lucas sure seems to approve, and holy damn these things are comfortable.

Awe, cute. Im sure the phone's are nice too 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #2,211 of 4,134
Mar 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #2,213 of 4,134
Seems like you have the worst luck with things being DOA.

Both things have been sent to different places too so I can't blame the random FedEx guy either It's really frustrating. My 'audio advisor' is stunned by the Maggies. Their QC is supposed to be amazing...but the package looked fine so that's my only assumption.

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #2,214 of 4,134

Quote:
Both things have been sent to different places too so I can't blame the random FedEx guy either It's really frustrating. My 'audio advisor' is stunned by the Maggies. Their QC is supposed to be amazing...but the package looked fine so that's my only assumption.

Well, I do hope you get it all worked out with them tomorrow with little hassle. Excited to hear your thoughts on them as well.

Mar 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #2,217 of 4,134
Well, I do hope you get it all worked out with them tomorrow with little hassle. Excited to hear your thoughts on them as well.

Got a call this morning and they wanted to send me a new pair today...but they wanted to charge my card again and then refund it when the DOA unit got there.

That would be okay if I had 600 bucks lieing around, but I don't. So they emailed me a shipping label and I have to mail mine back and get my new pair next week. I understand their stance though.

I'm going to try and move some cash around to get then earlier, but either way that's good service.

EDIT: I was able to borrow the 600 from a friend and the speakers should get to me next Wednesday. UPS will then pick up the DOA unit and I will be refunded once it gets to Magnepan. Refund should be in by the end of month.

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #2,218 of 4,134
M-Audio Fast Track Pro, sound is clear and just like it should be, and it looks quite "pro" :D

T.Bone SC-600 large diaphragm condenser microphone, sounds lovely although I was first skeptic because of all the hate they're getting. Either I'm deaf or the pro-audio world has just as much hype, bashing and hearsay as the consumer hi-fi world, it sounds lovely and there's nothing wrong with it.

Not directly related but this is the only photo I managed to take of my Indeed G2 that I recently got, before it blew a resistor before the filaments or something, because now the only thing that lights up in the tubes is the very bright small dot in the bottom, and it starts emitting smoke if it's on for a while. I don't know why or when this happened and I'm a bit intimidated to fix it, I didn't even get to listen to it properly and I'm quite bummed.

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #2,220 of 4,134

Quote:
T.Bone SC-600 large diaphragm condenser microphone, sounds lovely although I was first skeptic because of all the hate they're getting. Either I'm deaf or the pro-audio world has just as much hype, bashing and hearsay as the consumer hi-fi world, it sounds lovely and there's nothing wrong with it.

Ya, most microphones only have minutely different sounds, even leading some to use a SM57 over a $1000 condenser for some projects.  Pro-audio definitely has more hype and whatnot than the Hi-Fi world.  Nice Fast Track, i personally have the Delta 192 from M-Audio, they have some great price to performance ratio, too bad M-Powered Protools is so expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back