Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Feb 16, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #811 of 4,134

Quote:
I have that same one, the 668b, and love it, is my headphone for gaming, but i also listen music in it sometimes,

Aye. Lovely phones. Not giant killer, but definitely a kick in the rear-end for the $100+ range cans.

Quote:

Velcro.....

You know things that could beautiful even though they are ugly? Yup, this look exactly like that. 

Feb 16, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #812 of 4,134

Quote:
I have that same one, the 668b, and love it, is my headphone for gaming, but i also listen music in it sometimes,

as for me, i just made the payment to go rafting this weekend in a place 6 hours from here so trip start since friday :)
and since a pict of the voucher would look stupid, here's some rafting:

2qWUgl.jpg

Let me know how you go. Sounds awesome!

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #813 of 4,134
New lenses!!

They were purchased a few weeks apart though. The 7-14 is my first foray into digital ultra-wides (the last time I shot ultrawide was with a 17-40 lens on 35mm film), and it's a lot of fun to use. The 45mm macro, on the other hand, is the more recent acquisition and I haven't fully gotten the hang of it yet. Very different handling and technique is needed compared to conventional DSLR macro focusing technique...

Feb 17, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #814 of 4,134

I have always liked the idea of building my own speakers. Was considering buying the
Tang Band D3-1 or D4-1 kit as a start for someone who knows nothing about building speakers.

Then I found someone selling a pair of floor standers based on Tony Gee’s Solo-206
design using Fostex FE206E full range drivers for not much more than the price of the drivers themselves... and in a moment of weakness, I bought them. Going to have to borrow a bigger car as they sure aren't going to fit in my small hatchback (and weigh over 40kg each)!

Now to find an (hopefully, inexpensive) amp to power these 96db sensitivity speakers.

Feb 17, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #817 of 4,134

Quote:

I have always liked the idea of building my own speakers. Was considering buying the
Tang Band D3-1 or D4-1 kit as a start for someone who knows nothing about building speakers.

Then I found someone selling a pair of floor standers based on Tony Gee’s Solo-206
design using Fostex FE206E full range drivers for not much more than the price of the drivers themselves... and in a moment of weakness, I bought them. Going to have to borrow a bigger car as they sure aren't going to fit in my small hatchback (and weigh over 40kg each)!

Now to find an (hopefully, inexpensive) amp to power these 96db sensitivity speakers.

Wow, I am very jealous. I would recommend getting a vintage receiver off of Craigslist. I am picking up a near perfect condition Marantz 2220B for $95 tomorrow. 

Feb 17, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #819 of 4,134

Quote:

Nice! Always wanted some speakers like that. Bet they will sound fantastic driven with tubes!

Feb 17, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #820 of 4,134
I got my guhong rubik's cube today xD
It's actually not quite like I expected, it's sort of "crunchy"  I'm also not getting as good cuts as some people in review videos are showing but I haven't really played with it much or adjusted it.  I just gave it a quick lube and put the stickers on so far.

Guhong is on top, I also have just a standard store bought rubik's cube with nice stickers and the other one is some random diy speedcube, I forget which type. Might be a type d.

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #821 of 4,134

Quote:
I got my guhong rubik's cube today xD
It's actually not quite like I expected, it's sort of "crunchy"  I'm also not getting as good cuts as some people in review videos are showing but I haven't really played with it much or adjusted it.  I just gave it a quick lube and put the stickers on so far.

Guhong is on top, I also have just a standard store bought rubik's cube with nice stickers and the other one is some random diy speedcube, I forget which type. Might be a type d.

nice. I'm probably one of the few that can appreciate that. I spent a significant amount of time figuring out how to solve it myself when I was 13, but I am no speedster. The way I solve it (which I haven't seen anyone else do) takes over a minute, so those would be lost on me.

EDIT: I just looked it up and it only costs $10. this is also my newest purchase.

Feb 19, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #822 of 4,134
PS Audio Perfectwave Dac....   Next up is the Network Bridge for it.  Running it out the USB port on my Macbook Pro for now.  Network Bridge will be paired with my Synology DS411+ which was my previous most significant purchase 
biggrin.gif
  I'm running it with 8TB in raid 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back