Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Apr 3, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #271 of 4,134
Not my picture. My first foray into speakers. I will use the ZD as a preamp. I have not figured out an amp so I have no idea how they sound
redface.gif
They sure are pretty though!

Apr 3, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #272 of 4,134
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice!

Here is my latest purchase:
6_original.jpg

A Squeezebox Radio for the kitchen. I am tired of listening to music from my living room gear when I am in the kitchen. I wanted a Boom, but the guy I deal with only had a Radio. Beside the radio is half price (and mono).

I love the way it looks! How does it sound?

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #274 of 4,134
Quote:

Originally Posted by atbglenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the way it looks! How does it sound?

You know damn Post Denmark haven't delivered packages since Wednesday or so due to Easter. Naturally, they do not deliver packages on Saturdays unless you pay an extra fee. So I have not received it yet. I miss it every time I wash my dishes though.
I can tell you the Boom has very decent sound considering its size. From the reviews I have read the Radio should have decent sound too.

I do feel a bit sad when my main rig and the Boom are synced and I walk from my main rig in the living room to my bedroom/"office", where the Boom is located, as the bass and overall richness is definitely lacking. But then again my living room speakers are > ½ meter tall so one should be able to tell the difference!

These are really great, cheap and good sounding network players. I have paid less than DKK 3000 (~ EUR 400) for three players (Boom, Radio and Duet). I was actually taken back by the quality of these devices. The build quality is surprisingly good. I though they would feel cheap compared to Sonos but I was wrong.

Being able to access my music seamlessly with real hardware players has given me great satisfaction! Another great thing is that most of the firmware is open source and modular so lots of cool plugins are available.

Dedicated devices are the future! Oh the simplicity! My great hope is to delete everything media-related from my laptop. I just want to run Arch, Emacs and R and handle plain text documents!

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #276 of 4,134
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A second AeroPress.

These are awesome once you "get the knack" of using it, and cleanup is a breeze; don't go camping without one, but I use mine at home as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya, my honda element is soupped up and I took that picture as I raced down the hwy with my headphones blaring.
wink_face.gif

Sounds like "safety first" is your motto...
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sennheiserhd600102448.jpg

Got them in the play.com April Fools sale for £150 off (normal) retail price.

Congratulations! The HD600s were my introduction to hi fidelity, love the carbon-fiber looks and the "made in Ireland" part as well. They definitely "scale up" with amp, source and cable upgrades.

My latest significant purchase is my 120gb U2 iMod, Headstage Arrow amp, and red e-Q7s:

SANY0070.JPG

SANY0060.JPG

Sorry about the dust; you can't see it with the naked eye but the macro/flash combo on this camera is very revealing

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #280 of 4,134
My latest significante purchase will be something I've been meaning to buy for a very long time, my first real amp, a LD MK IV. When it gets here, I'll post some pictures.

For now, the stocks will do:

MK4SE%20Front.jpg

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #281 of 4,134
Thanks for that Grawk, I'm still fighting the urge (but that doesn't help one bit)!

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #282 of 4,134
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadcykler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a stock picture but it gets the point across.

peachtree_nova_cherry.jpg

Very, nice. I'm on the fence with getting a DAC, the Peachtree or the Waida 151. How's the sound?

Apr 4, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #283 of 4,134
Hopefully "significant".
A nice little Matrix Mini-i for the office rig.

6.jpg

[size=xx-small]Like this, but not mine[/size]

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #284 of 4,134
Do envy people who are allowed to have an office rig.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations! The HD600s were my introduction to hi fidelity, love the carbon-fiber looks and the "made in Ireland" part as well. They definitely "scale up" with amp, source and cable upgrades.

Ta, I already own a 9 year old pair of HD580s (with HD650 cable) so it will be interesting to compare the two.

Latest purchases: Xindak 2A fuse (to try in my Darkvoice 332)
f2a.jpg

and a Canon PIXMA MP640 Network Ready Premium All-In-One Photo Printer.
canonpixmamp640bubbleje.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back