Post A Picture Of Your Daily Trip Essentials!
Jun 7, 2008 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Outro

100+ Head-Fier
So I was reading a magazine and they had a spread of essential gear for the traveler or person on the go, and I thought it would be a fun thread to start. Plus I'm bored and have nothing better to do. =p

Basically just post a picture of the essential gear that you carry daily and spread it out for all to see! I'll go ahead and get this started...

daypack.jpg

1. https://www.manhattanportage.com/cat...k-Messenger/85
2. DS at Nintendo
3. LAKEN: World's Finest Bottles
4. Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors
5. Apple - iPod classic
6. Strathmore Artist Papers - Sketch Paper and Acid-Free Sketch Paper
7. COOLPIX S600 from Nikon
8. BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8100 Smartphone - Small, Smart and Stylish
9.ThinkGeek :: Swedish FireSteel
10. Leatherman Tools
11. Von Zipper

Jun 8, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #3 of 36
Neither of you carry a wallet? Weird.

I'll post a picture later, but I usually carry a messenger bag, iPod and 'phones, wallet and keys, sometimes my cell, and my uniform for work. That, and anything that might be useful for the night when I go home (sweater, umbrella, jacket, etc). It'll change when I move back home.

Jun 8, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #7 of 36
Umm, I wake up grab a coffee throw on some clean clothes, grab my wallet, keys (usually at least (6) ), get my shoes on, drink some coffee then run to my car. get in and pretend I'm super organized.

Jun 8, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #8 of 36
Card holder (no cash), keychain, iPod and a cellular phone.
Thats it.

Jun 8, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #9 of 36
Too lazy for pic too, but: wallet, keys, cell phone.
Secondary: portable rig, sunglasses.

Jun 8, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #10 of 36
Wallet, Keys, Memory stick (in the keyring), Mobile, Iriver h10, modded sony ex71s, chewing gum/mint of some kind, cloth for cleaning glasses, if i can remember it. most of this just stays in my blazer, just the mp3 player and mobile comes out, and the wallet.

Jun 8, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #11 of 36
Daily? I do a four pocket check everyday before I go to work. Front left zippo and cellphone, front right keys and pen, back right wallet, back left moleskin notebook (optional).

People always see my slapping my ass when I am really just doing the four pocket check. It helps you remember all your things.

When I am feeling real groovy I take my iPod and IEM's and sunglasses.

Jun 8, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People always see my slapping my ass when I am really just doing the four pocket check. It helps you remember all your things.

This cracked me up.
I'm the same way, although I carry a bag to work and back daily, I also have a large zip up day planner that I carry but really, the essentials go in my pants pockets and get transferred religiously to the next pair of pants before bed so I can just grab and go straight from the shower (I tend to wake up and remember my name somewhere around the time I pull into my local coffee shop for the first java of the day).

This system keeps me light years ahead of my otherwise highly organized missus who can never find her keys and wallet for love or money.

The downside is that I'm constantly absent-mindedly feeling up my arse cheeks in public places making sure that credit cards and such are in the back right pocket as they should be.

Jun 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #13 of 36
Haha yes and the Moleskin notebook is a big big for my pocket. I try to keep everything minimal in terms of it being on my body. Thin dual fold wallet or money clip if the mood strikes.

Jun 9, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #15 of 36
At base, watch and house key. Sometimes debit card and drivers licence too.

With blazer on, as above with mobile telephone, wallet (containing a plethora of things), lip balm, USB stick, ipod, headphones, pen, pencil, loose change. Sometimes tobacco, depending on where I'm going and my mood. Sometimes a ring binder (for lectures/library)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back