Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
May 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #558 of 5,354
It is pretty large. Quite old too - 1990 vintage for the deck. The arm is mid '80s.
Audio Note bought the rights to manufacture the Voyd later on and they were still in production up to about 2003.
The current £60k Audio Note TT3 Reference uses the same drive principle and motor layout.
Putting it simply the Voyd has dynamics and swing that few decks can rival. I've heard nothing within budget that i'd prefer.

May 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #559 of 5,354
Thought I'd throw my table up here, not the most fancy, but the best set up I've had, so I enjoy it.  A Technics SL-23 that I got from a used record shop with an Ortofon 2M Red and a KAB clamp.  It's all sitting in a home made sand mass loaded isolation box (got the idea here:  http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/sandblaster_e.html  I've been talking to another member about how this probably, or in his words absolutely, isn't doing anything for isolation, and I'm soon going to look into building a spring based isolation table...).  All that runs into a Hagerman Bugle phono pre.

Threw the record sleeve in the picture for any prog nerds hanging around...

May 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #561 of 5,354
Quote:
Nektar!!!!
biggrin.gif

Saw them live in the 70s. Great light show accompanying the concert with many strange pieces of art being projected behind the band. 

May 9, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #562 of 5,354
Quote:
Saw them live in the 70s. Great light show accompanying the concert with many strange pieces of art being projected behind the band. 

Very cool, I often feel I missed the best years for live music by being born in 82.  Oh well, at least the vinyl was left behind to be enjoyed...

May 9, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #563 of 5,354
Quote:
Very cool, I often feel I missed the best years for live music by being born in 82.  Oh well, at least the vinyl was left behind to be enjoyed...

true for me as well, samsquanch.
i'd love to think what it would have been like to go to the record store to buy BOC's Tyranny and Mutation... and to hear it for the first time....
sigh

May 22, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #564 of 5,354
Quote:
I have others but this one has been doing sterling duty for a while now:

Dunlop Systemdek Transcription (refurbed), SME Series III, customised Shure M75ED (Gyger FG11 stylus amongst other mods)

That is such a great rack. I can see it gets the table at perfect level for your arm to move things around. Ergonomic at it's best!

May 22, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #565 of 5,354
Quote:
My original plan was a Nottingham Interspace SE and 2M Black with a Simaudio Phonostage.
Option 2 is a Clearaudio Concept, 2M Bronze and probably still a Sim stage.
How much does the Classic go for? I want to say it's cheaper than the Nottingham...

I still like my simple VPI Scout. They can be found used at a really good price. After a series of old turntables I thought I was in heaven when I purchased it.

May 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #566 of 5,354
I think I've decided what I want in a TT considering budget and what not. 

Nottingham Interspace Jr with either a 2M Black or Bronze and a Simaudio 110LP.

I'm getting less and less excited about the idea of purchasing new gear and realizing that the joy buying more and more music brings is far greater than new gear.

I think this TT will be my last big audio purchase for at least awhile. I just want to stop saving for gear and just buy tons of music. I've been doing it more and more and seeing my library get bigger and listening more is much cooler than more stuff on my desk.

Quote:

I still like my simple VPI Scout. They can be found used at a really good price. After a series of old turntables I thought I was in heaven when I purchased it.

May 22, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #567 of 5,354
I think that when I put my system back together I will try a tube stage in between my turntable and my GCPH. Hopefully it will add some tube warmth and function as a a bit of a step-up transformer in between the LOMC cartridge and the GCPH, which is pushed to its limits with the .25mV Denon 103R.

Step-up isn't mentioned in the description, but when I use it with my speakers I notice an audible increase in volume when I turn it on. It's billed as a "magic box" by the maker. What do you guys think, any reason this won't work out?

http://shop.grantfidelity.com/B-283-Tube-Processor.html

May 22, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #568 of 5,354
Honestly, I would go for a step-up transformer instead. Get a vintage one of you want a little warmth :wink:

May 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #569 of 5,354
Well I don't need much of a bump and I already have this with some upgraded tubes, I was just wondering if it would screw anything up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back