Possibly Impossible Question
Apr 18, 2013 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jrmint

New Head-Fier
I've been trying to do research on here so I can make a decision on new headphones, but I have run into a few problems... I'm a gamer and I use my old Turtle Beach headphones whenever I play with friends. I also have Shure SRH-840 headphones for whenever I just want to zone out and listen to music and I LOVE them (even though the headband can be uncomfortable after a while). Out and about I use the new Apple Earpods that came with my iPhone 5 and I love them because they have the best fit out of any earbuds I have ever worn. I do understand that the earpods are not great quality but when I'm out and about, the fit is important.

Anyway, I want to do the impossible (or as close as possible) and combine all 3. I want some portable headphones that look nice (because I don't want to look like an idiot with weird looking big headphones), that are good for music, and gaming. I like a good amount of bass. Also I need a mic somehow, whether it's in-line or separate.

I listen to mostly metal, but occasional electronic so a good amount of bass is important.

Another thing- not important but preferred, the Turtle Beaches I use have this thing that lets me hear my voice while I speak, without delay. I kinda like it because it helps me with my own volume xD On their website they call it, "microphone monitoring," I believe. Maybe there's a way to do it through software? Here's a link to the newer version of my headphones if it helps: http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-headsets/ear-force-x12/56

Thanks, and if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: To further clarify on the "nice looking" bit, I am often around people who wear beats (ew) so I would prefer not to be annoyed by them. If it's not possible, ignore the whole bit.

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #4 of 6

davidsh

Headphoneus Supremus
AKG k550 maybe? Not that much bass, but they are good for gaming too, closed, looks fairly well and isolate. Maybe k167/267?

You might want to look at MLE's gaming guide to get inspired

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #5 of 6

Jrmint

New Head-Fier
Quote:
AKG k550 maybe? Not that much bass, but they are good for gaming too, closed, looks fairly well and isolate. Maybe k167/267?

You might want to look at MLE's gaming guide to get inspired

The AKGs look decent. I'll check out the gaming guide but I would much prefer headphones that are best for music with gaming on the side.

Users who are viewing this thread