Possibly fixing ripped Etymotic earphone
Aug 4, 2010 at 10:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dimm0k

100+ Head-Fier
Worst thing happened to me this morning...  usually on the subway with my earphones plugged in, but today since I was with a friend I did not need any music so I had them clipped to my collar.  As I got out of the train, the earphones dropped to the floor and my foot stepped over them pulling the wire out of the transducers in one fluid motion.  I am definitely getting them repaired from Etymotic, but I would like to know if it's possible to get someone to reattach the wires to the transducer piece so I can keep my old classic red/blue instead of the lame all black?

Aug 4, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 3

cardozo

100+ Head-Fier
Hi and sorry...

The transducer cable broked? If not, can you simple reatach the cable in the transducer?

Look up these pictures:

http://www.fixup.net/tips/ety/ety.htm

Good luck to you.

Cheers,

Peter

Aug 13, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 3

dimm0k

100+ Head-Fier
Well I originally wanted to pick up a third pair, the newer black ones so I sent my damaged pair in for repair.  They replaced the cable and was kind enough to return the old earphone back!  I am unsure if it is possible or not to reattach, but from the looks of the wires themselves it is.  Will know for sure once I get some time to open up the other end.

Users who are viewing this thread