Possibly Fake Ultrasone HFI-780's?
Jun 17, 2010 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

PhilipHan

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I've been craving for an Audio upgrade for a LONG time.
Seeing as I'm only 18 I don't have much money so I just recently had the opportunity to buy something decent.

My history has been:
iPod Headphones > Skullcandy Ink'd > Thinksound Thunder > Sennheiser IE8/Ultrasone HFI-780

I jumped on the HFI-780's because I found a pair for $130 on eBay

I popped in the CD to give them a listen and they sound Fantastic, BUT! Yes, the but...
Some of the Track names on the CD are misspelled... I know how to read German and they are Misspelled.

"Also sprach Zarathustra" is spelled "Also saprach Zarathustra".
"Feuerwerk 2002" is spelled "Freurwerk 2002"

The cans looks plasticky but the metal part is so finely detail you couldn't be able to fake it and everything seems okay.
These do not seem fake at all, they definitely don't sound fake...

Anybody have the same typo's on their CD?

Thank you very much,

Philip Han

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #3 of 14
The CD for my Pro 750 is free from errors. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. If it sounds good then it probably isn't a fake. Pics might help though.

Jun 17, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #6 of 14
I don't think these are fake at all now, but I will post them in a minute.

What about the CD though? How can a company make such typographical errors?!

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #7 of 14
What made you change your mind? Great price on these by the way.

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #8 of 14
Ultra-High Resolution Pictures, sorry... Too lazy to resize the true beauty of these headphones 
dt880smile.png

Also: An f/1.4 Aperture is RIDICULOUSLY SHALLOW to work with, moving back or forth a hair made everything blurry... I didn't want to chicken out and stop down to F/4 or whatever people do Hahaha, glorious f/1.4 man... Almost as beautiful as the sound I'm hearing through these Cans :]

ON ANOTHER NOTE: Slight Sibilance most of the time... Never enough Bass but these can reproduce it easily, so I imight need to EQ somehow, the FiiO E5 helps but it doesn't do anything with the Sibilance issue.

BTW: They were $160... I just realized, I think I was looking at used ones for $130 but said to myself "Do I really want to wear dirty old headphones? Especially considering they're only $30 for a BRAND new pair? Whatever..."

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #9 of 14
Okay, this might be a disgrace to all of you, but I just plugged my 780's in my Windows 7 laptop and turned on the Bass Boost 6dB @ 75Hz or 9dB @ 50Hz and my ears are having an Orgasm listening to Jungle/Drumfunk! I hear things like I never have before, it's simply mindblowing. I'm sure a proper tube amp and EQ will take into another universe...

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #10 of 14
That's a lot of BASS!!!!

Glad you like them. They really are great cans especially for electronic and other bass heavy music. Enjoy!
L3000.gif

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
Okay, this might be a disgrace to all of you, but I just plugged my 780's in my Windows 7 laptop and turned on the
BASS BOOST 6dB @ 75Hz or 9dB @ 50Hz and my ears are having an Orgasm listening to Jungle/Drumfunk! I hear things like I never have before, it's simply mindblowing. I'm sure a proper tube amp and EQ will take into another universe...

What was that?

Lol, glad you're enjoying them :p

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #12 of 14
No seriously though, for some reason my laptop has Anti-Bass on and I could barely hear anything on a Test Tone Sweep until around 100-120Hz so that's a serious serious roll off... On my MacBook and iPod everything is fine even though I would like a tad bit more Sub Bass but in reality the smart thing to do would be EQ the rest DOWN instead of pushing the bass UP.

I'm not a stupid Bass Freak. I just like to at least hear the full range which means a tad increase on the sub bass...

How are those Koss cans treating you Mr Joboto? *cringe*

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #13 of 14
Why are you cringing? The Koss aren't treating me at all these days, retired to the desk drawer and get barely any use these days, a bit of a spare tyre if anything.

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:
No seriously though, for some reason my laptop has Anti-Bass on and I could barely hear anything on a Test Tone Sweep until around 100-120Hz so that's a serious serious roll off... On my MacBook and iPod everything is fine even though I would like a tad bit more Sub Bass but in reality the smart thing to do would be EQ the rest DOWN instead of pushing the bass UP.

I'm not a stupid Bass Freak. I just like to at least hear the full range which means a tad increase on the sub bass...

Okay that makes much more sense. I'd probably do that too. I figured you had the bass at max which would be ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back