Possible to make a lod from original apple cable?
Nov 15, 2008 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Griff de-la Griff

Head-Fier
Hi.

I just got a classic 120g and am getting the ibasso t4 in a few days.
I haven't gotten hold of a lod yet and i really really want one to try out the amp
k701smile.gif

I was wondering if it is possible to use the original white apple ipod cable that comes with the ipod. I have like 3 old cables (and the new one for the classic) so i can screw up one or two without it being a problem.

Now there *has* to be left, right and ground inside the cable i just know it. The question is - what colors are the cables. IS it possible to cut the cable like 3" from the lod and detect the l, r & g just by color? If it is, then making a temporary lod-mini would be a piece of cake.

I just need someone that knows of this because i cant short the ipod or the amp - got no money left now
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #3 of 5
Aha.

So when I´m listening to music in itunes from the ipod, its going digitally from the ipod.

Sorry if Im a little noob here
smily_headphones1.gif

Should still be possible to use the conection but solder onto different pins, or change the position of the pins if there are only 4 pins inside.

Now it feels like more work then what I would get from it hehe, might aswell just order a lod.

Thanks.

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #4 of 5
You can hear the music from your iPod because it's sync-ing data from your iPod to iTunes.

It is possible to change the position of the pins but would be a tremendous work.

Best way is to buy a new LOD cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back