Possible fake Ultrasone Proline 900, AKG K702, Monster beats *** they're fake!!**
Sep 4, 2009 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 90

captian73

Headphoneus Supremus
i'v spotted a seller on ebay selling Ultrasone Proline 900's for £208. usually they go for around £280+

Ultrasone PRO 900 Closed-Back Professional Headphones | SALE Now On!

What alarms me is that the AKG K702's are going for £149, when i know they go for around the 250 mark.

the Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 i think are blatant fakes, being sold for around £109.... nope, you are looking at around £350 mark.

I don't want to scream 'Fake' just yet, but I've sent off an email asking why the 900 and 702's are so cheap.

check out what he's selling.

eBay Seller: andrew abi: Consumer Electronics, Musical Instruments items on eBay.co.uk

For the time being the K702's are looking very iffy don't you think. I think there may be some unexpected fakes on the market. What do you think?

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #3 of 90
do u think k702 is fake? Cos i ordered one of them and waiting to arrive

he asked wait 15 days because shipping from manufacturer in taiwan

the prices are similar to US prices tbh, i dont think it's very cheap

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #6 of 90
brand new k702s sell for about $250 USD in america, so those prices look fine to me

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #7 of 90
Sep 4, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #8 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by jawang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
brand new k702s sell for about $250 USD in america, so those prices look fine to me

unfortunately, they're £100 off in the UK. But for me, half the problem is fake by association... in this case the ESW9 and Pioneer. But if you pay £250 (not dollars) in the UK and you're selling them in the UK, why such a discount? Wouldn't you lower your price just below the competition? wouldn't you want to charge as much as you could and still be competitive?

£100 less than retail... why not £20 less than retail.

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #9 of 90
Not that I'm taking a stand on this issue; but are k702's and Ultrasone Pro 900's known to be "faked" on the International market?

It's to my understanding that re-creating these headphones may be a little tedious (ie out of their league?) for bootleggers.

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #10 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unfortunately, they're £100 off in the UK. But for me, half the problem is fake by association... in this case the ESW9 and Pioneer. But if you pay £250 (not dollars) in the UK and you're selling them in the UK, why such a discount? Wouldn't you lower your price just below the competition? wouldn't you want to charge as much as you could and still be competitive?

£100 less than retail... why not £20 less than retail.

I'm not sure if I understand you. When I meant is, $250 USD is about £150. And if k702s are made in Germany I would assume that they should cost less in the UK since the shipping costs should be lower. Thus, £149 sounds like a reasonable price to me (just because other people sell for more doesn't mean it's fake, some people sell k701s in america for $400-500 USD, it's just that no one buys them at that price)

ESW9s are about $200 USD new here, which is roughly £120, so those ESW9s might be fake. But it's also possible that shipping from japan to the UK is much cheaper than to the US (I doubt it, but it might be true).

I'm not saying that I'm vouching for their legitimacy, but the price (especially if they are without warranty, meaning they are probably refurbished) is within the realm of possibility

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #11 of 90
We have VAT too, remember, plus some things just seem to be expensive here anyway. Still, I've not seen a K701 less than £200 before, and the K702 usually goes for even more than the K701. You're more likely to see the K601 around the £150 mark here.

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #12 of 90
May i ask something,why nobody buys from their local shops anymore?

Is it so hard to find what you're looking for in the place you live?

I think it's much safer to go to a local dealer and buy,even if you have to pay a bit more.

Personally,i never buy from internet.I don't trust this way of buying things...

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #13 of 90
yeah in my city we only have hd595 for £200... lol and sr80 for £230

well im waiting to receive my k702 from him, I will post the pictures and stuff, we should be able to find out whether its fake or not

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #14 of 90
All the Hi-Fi shops are gone, only Richer Sounds and Fanthorps left - and there both really only sellings TV's. PCWorld has by far the biggest range of headphones in town!

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #15 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah in my city we only have hd595 for £200... lol and sr80 for £230

well im waiting to receive my k702 from him, I will post the pictures and stuff, we should be able to find out whether its fake or not

I hope you got a good one(not fake)

Recently,a friend of mine ordered a grado sr325 from ebay,and when he recieved it,one driver was not working.Of course,nobody mentioned it before he buy it.
My friend didn't do something about that,he just gave the headphones for repair in a local hi-fi/hi-end shop,but i don't know if they are ok now(i'll give him a call one day to ask...).

With all these stories with defective/fake products,i prefer to buy something from local audio stores etc,even if i have to pay 200+euro more than from internet.I think it's better to be a bit patient so you can gather more money to buy something you want and be sure it's ok.

If you can't find what you're looking for in your town...i can understand it.

Anyway good luck with your k702!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back