Possible Amp Hiss, but only on certain songs eg Coldplay?
Sep 6, 2010 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

500+ Head-Fier
I've started noticing a slight hiss on certain songs? the amp is dead quiet with no volume and i dont notice any hiss on alot of recordings, but i do on some and its starting to get on my nerves. One of the worst ones seems to be Coldplay, Parachutes album. In particular the Sparks song at the intro. Is this song just badly recorded or is it my system. Im listening to a FLAC rip.
Could anyone else (with a high resolving system) give this song a try if you have it and let me know

Will be very grateful

Thanks Pete

PS I've tried 3 pairs of valves and all have the same problem.

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 4
If the song was recorded on tape, there's a chance you're hearing tape hiss on the recording. Some artists prefer to record with analog, maybe Coldplay is one of them.

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #3 of 4
It's the album. In terms of background hiss Parachutes is pretty terrible, which is sad because it's such a great cd.  The later albums are much better wrt recording quality.

Sep 6, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 4
That's interesting, because I have a CD copy of Parachutes and I can't hear any hiss. Then again I don't listen to music particularly loudly, and I may not have the most discerning ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back