Portland - Oregon Head-Fi Meet, May 7th 9:30am - 3:30 pm Mt Scott Community Center
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #151 of 197
  @miceblue there will be a few uf us coming from Seattle. We are even having premeet festivities.

Where at?

I will be down as well! As to what to bring... I will probably just bring my STAX SR-202 setup, perhaps the original STAX lambdas as well depending on how lazy I am, and some of my IEMs including the new Shozy Zeros.

May 5, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #153 of 197
Hey, this is my first meet (coming down from Vancouver BC).  Looking forward to it.

Do we bring our own music to listen to on a USB stick, or just choose from what is made available by the equipment owner? 

May 5, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #154 of 197
Usually the latter but you can ask the owner if you can load your music onto their system.
Hey, this is my first meet (coming down from Vancouver BC).  Looking forward to it.

Do we bring our own music to listen to on a USB stick, or just choose from what is made available by the equipment owner? 

May 5, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #156 of 197
I'll bring my headphones for sure cuz I want to see what other sources and amps can do. Hope someone brings an HE6 too.

May 5, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #158 of 197
Pretty sure @Oregonian said he's bringing HE6. Looking forward to that myself.

Ah great, nice.  I see a Yggdrasil might be coming also.  Hope I can get some ear time on that too.

Plus looking forward of course to seeing Portland afterwards.  One of my favourite cities in the USA.

May 6, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #160 of 197
  I'm thinking of coming up from salem, though not %100 yet. I have some equipment to bring as well but nothing mind blowing

Koss Portapro (Though there is already a set on the list)
Sony MDR-V6 W/ Beyerdynamic Velour pads
Sennheiser HD-558

My sources to attach them to are limited though, I've never been to one of these so I'm not sure if that's necessary. If needed I can grab some CD players from a thrift store and burn a mix :p

EDIT: I also have a Zune HD I could dig out as well, if I can find it.

Other obligations game along I was afraid of. So I won't be making Saturday, I will keep an eye out for next year though!

May 6, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #162 of 197
Well I am not sure the Kennerton Vali will make it to the meet. It got held up in customs delay overseas. It is in CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA  right now in customs and the meet is tomorrow.

We did get the Teton and HiFiman HE1000 from @Todd of TTVJ audio. I got to have a good listen at both of them yesterday. 

Today is a busy day:

work my behind off until 6pm
Go and print some stuff
Go and buy some Voodoo Donuts!
Go watch Captain America Civil War with my family.
Come home and get everything unplugged and ready for tomorrow. 

May 6, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #163 of 197
I will be bringing the HE-6............running out of speaker taps on the vintage amp I'm bringing.  No more Dharma - sold this week - sorry for anyone who wanted to hear it - was made an offer I couldn't refuse.

Will also be using a CD player feeding the Hitachi amp so if you want to bring CD's you may bring your music.  I'll have a number of choices - Rush, Pink Floyd, a number of Smooth Jazz artists and who knows what else I'll grab in the morning. 

Grizz - what time are you arriving? 

May 6, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #164 of 197
  I will be bringing the HE-6............running out of speaker taps on the vintage amp I'm bringing.  No more Dharma - sold this week - sorry for anyone who wanted to hear it - was made an offer I couldn't refuse.

Will also be using a CD player feeding the Hitachi amp so if you want to bring CD's you may bring your music.  I'll have a number of choices - Rush, Pink Floyd, a number of Smooth Jazz artists and who knows what else I'll grab in the morning. 

Grizz - what time are you arriving? 

I will be there at 8:30. I have to get my wife to take me and we will be picking up some donuts before we get there. Really like the Dharma. It seems like the HE-6 is the winner for you. I have heard the Kennerton Odin is a super HE-6. 

What time you coming?

May 6, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #165 of 197
@nmatheis I really want to check out your station. It's funny that you will probably have more dough in gear than most of us but can fit it all mostly in one bag(guessing). I wish I could do that I have my work cut out for me.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back