Portapro Recable commissioning?
Apr 23, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #6 of 18
Portapro was my first and last recable target because its low priced.  I can sell mine to you.  Let me know.  Or provide me with parts you want to use and send them to me a I can do it for a fee as I like playing with my soldering iron.

Apr 24, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #9 of 18
When you guys recabled the porta pro, did you snap off that blue box over the solder joints? I did- i had to use some zip ties as a strain relief.

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #12 of 18

Quote:
APS did have a portable cable for the Koss and other small headphones like ATH-EWs, which was quite affordable, in the past. Not sure if they are still offering this cable though.

This is something I may look into for my EW's. Sometimes it just baffles my mind that it could cost more than the cans to get the cables switched out. Ah, the life we live eh guys?

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #13 of 18

Quote:
This is something I may look into for my EW's. Sometimes it just baffles my mind that it could cost more than the cans to get the cables switched out. Ah, the life we live eh guys?

I think the problem is the cans not the cable.

May 6, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #15 of 18

I am looking to do a very similiar recabling job for my AKG K430 because I want a longer cable.  Can you please give me details about the cable you used for this?  Seems about the right thickness I am looking for.  

Thanks.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back