Portapro in Montreal
Feb 2, 2005 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ymenard

New Head-Fier
Hello there,

I'm having large trouble trying to find Koss Portapro headphone in Montreal. Futureshop have decided to stop having them in their shelves. I've been everywhere, impossible to find. FutureShop, HMV, Archambault, various electronic stores on Ste-Catherine, RadioShack, even Canadian Tire. The US price for them is still too high on Koss' website. Montreal is really a poor city for headphones
mad.gif

Thanks for any help.

-- François

Feb 3, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #2 of 8
cmon with 40 views, somebody at least has to have a clue no? It's a shame now about Montréal, it's a great city, but it's not wize for headphone. Too many Sony MDR-Vxxx
rolleyes.gif

The ones I have now (the Porta Pro) are cut near the plug, I have no knowledge of electronics so I wouldn't know how to repair a broken cord near the plug (it's all exposed and cut).

Layton Audio?
HMV?
RadioShack?
Canadian Tire?
LY électronique?

Thanks!
orphsmile.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 8
Try AudioCentre.

They mostly sell high-end home theaters, but last I went there I saw a lot of Sennheiser... No idea about Koss though.

MONTREAL
9100, Boul Cavendish
St-Laurent
Quebec H4T1Y8

Edit: J'aurais pu parler en francais mais ca en aurait surement frustrer une couple...

Feb 4, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #5 of 8
Feb 4, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #6 of 8
Yeah thanks 50 bucks US that's the same price you have on Koss' website. Future Shop had Porta Pro for at least the past 5 years, they were only 69$ CAN so it was very cheap. It's a shame they discontinued selling them, considering their bad headphone lineup.
rolleyes.gif

I'm unsure about the PX100, I always prefered the Porta Pro sound to <100$ Senn's

It's more about the future, I should have bought 2-3 Porta Pro when I had the chance so I could rely on them throughout my life. Looks like it'll be the online way now.

Feb 4, 2005 at 4:52 AM Post #7 of 8
Futureshop had them on their website as recently as Boxing week. They had them reduced to $50 so I picked up a pair at an Ottawa store. I saw they were removed from the website so I checked the store last time I was in there, maybe three weeks ago, and they were still on the shelf but at full price $80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back