PortaPro 25th Anniversary Price?
Oct 23, 2009 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

mritt400

100+ Head-Fier
I just thought it was weird that the price has increased $20 from $59.99 to $79.99 since I looked a month ago on the Koss website (PortaPro25thAnniversary - Portable Headphones - Koss). Elsewhere the prices do not reflect an increase. I know it is a only an msrp but I mean $79.99 USD? Pricey no? Is a box, a coin, and some wrapped cords really worth that? I thought it was a weird move given that the straight-up, Tron-blue PortaPros can be had for < $35 USD on Amazon...

Nov 4, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #4 of 13
I recently just picked up a set of the PP Anniversary Edition myself from Full Compass, it should be waiting on my doorstep when I get home tonight. It'll be my first foray into headfi!
jecklinsmile.gif

I scoured the web and this was the cheapest I could find. Even though Koss occasionally has a 20% off coupon, Full Compass still seems to have the better deal.

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #5 of 13
Actually headroom has them for $50 USD + shipping, so they're not too bad. I love my portapro, don't listen to them much since I have quite a collection now but I still love them.

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:27 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mritt400 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just thought it was weird that the price has increased $20 from $59.99 to $79.99 since I looked a month ago on the Koss website (PortaPro25thAnniversary - Portable Headphones - Koss). Elsewhere the prices do not reflect an increase. I know it is a only an msrp but I mean $79.99 USD? Pricey no? Is a box, a coin, and some wrapped cords really worth that? I thought it was a weird move given that the straight-up, Tron-blue PortaPros can be had for < $35 USD on Amazon...

They were ever just $20?!

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #7 of 13
Nov 9, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #9 of 13
not worth it imo...they taking a great budget can and flashing it up, marking it up 3x. The whole thing about these phones are the price per performance...just like the KSC75s. just my opinion though...take it with a grain of salt.

Get a old pair, same sound, just not as much bling.

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #13 of 13
lol I just bought the regular PortaPro version for $30. Seriously, think about it in the long-term, and it's obvious that nobody will have (or want) the opportunity to show off their limited edition headphone purchase to others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back