1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Portaphile V2 for sale

1. donaldekelly Contributor
    SOLD SOLD SOLD

Portaphile V2 for sale. It's the V2 (not the newer V2^2, it's not maxxed, just the basic unit).

No scratches on it that I can see. I also have the rubber feet for it somewhere.

It made an amazing difference with my HD280 Sennheiser phones. Then I got some easier to drive phones that it doesn't seem to add much to. So, I haven't used it for almost a year.

Probably has 50-70 or more hours of "burn in" on it if that helps any.

SOLD SOLD or best offer

2. Pappucho
    Just to add some details on the earliest of the V2's. The first V2's were configured with single buffers (3XBUF634, 1 per channel), three AD8610's, Black Gate 2X1000uF caps, Vishay Dale 0.1% Thin Film SMD resistors and an extra BUF634 as the virtual ground.

3. donaldekelly Contributor
    So, Pappucho, how does the V2 compare with the X3 and the V2 squared. Somewhere in between the two? Or fairly similar to the X3? Or not quite as good as the X3?

I know all this is covered in the thread on the Portaphile V2 owners - but in case anyone doesn't want to wade through it all.

Thanks for the clarity.

Don

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappucho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Just to add some details on the earliest of the V2's. The first V2's were configured with single buffers (3XBUF634, 1 per channel), three AD8610's, Black Gate 2X1000uF caps, Vishay Dale 0.1% Thin Film SMD resistors and an extra BUF634 as the virtual ground.

4. Pappucho
    Actually the V2 is configured just like a standard V2 squared. Soundwise, they should be identical. A maxxed V2 squared would be a step up because of the availability of multiple buffers and some flexibility because of the internal switching. These weren't available on the original V2.

The X3 uses lower quality components such as Nichicon FG Muse caps and 1.0% Thick Film resistors.