Portaphile Question
May 23, 2005 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gratefulshrink

Headphoneus Supremus
I was reading through the very long threads for portaphile owners, and battery questions/commetns were mixed in, but, frankly, I just wanted to ask the question directly:

Can you use a rechargable 9-V with the portaphile, and are there any drawbacks if you do so?

Also, how much variety in rechargeable 9-V's are there?

Thanks....
cool.gif

May 23, 2005 at 7:11 PM Post #2 of 6
I have only used alkaline, which apparently last much longer.

That said, I believe Cesar provides links on the Portaphile site to some rechargeable 9v batteries. I am assuming that these batteries are his recommendation.

May 23, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 6
To answer your first question. Yes you can use a rechargable 9 volt in the Portaphile. In fact I am using one in mine right now as I type this. Cesar recommends the Maha on his website, and thats the one I went with. From what I gather most rechargables are only 8.4 volts (nominal) and the Maha Powerex is a true 9 volts (actually 9.6 volts). The only drawback is that most rechargables do not last as long as regular aklaline batteries. But the beauty is that you spend less in the long run. The Portaphile is a very nice amp btw, I highly recemmend it.
orphsmile.gif

May 23, 2005 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder_jj
To answer your first question. Yes you can use a rechargable 9 volt in the Portaphile. In fact I am using one in mine right now as I type this. Cesar recommends the Maha on his website, and thats the one I went with. From what I gather most rechargables are only 8.4 volts (nominal) and the Maha Powerex is a true 9 volts (actually 9.6 volts). The only drawback is that most rechargables do not last as long as regular aklaline batteries. But the beauty is that you spend less in the long run. The Portaphile is a very nice amp btw, I highly recemmend it.
orphsmile.gif

Thanks. About how much did the charger and the initial battery cost? :
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back