1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Portable setup grado 325 jazz

1. the chemist
    so I have been listening off and on over the years to various genres and have really settled on jazz/acoustics(think trace bundy) and vocals.

I have had grado 60s,125s and now woody 325s.
    Right now I am using premium Spotify through iMac or iPhone. I have considered tidal but not sure I will be able to tell difference.

Looking for portable suggestions. Even better if output is 1/4” to headphone. Since I have been in and out of the hobby, it is a bit concerning to see well known old brands like ray samuels no longer the “go to”. I would love to get an end game setup but the only brand I still see in the mix is woo audio. I occasionally still see headamp recommendations but...

It is hard to justify 1k for a sweet setup and have technology catch up 2 years later and get a ifi black label or bottle crack that beats out your 2k setup.

Trying to summarize my tandent. Low impedance portable amp/dac that I will be happy with for years?
    It gets difficult when looking for items without negative reviews. Only item without it seems to be wooaudio( think wa8).

Cord mojo/poly and Schitt don’t get great reviews on acr forums but I also don’t want to spend an arm and a leg if technology will catch up in 2 yrs