Portable Rig Upgrade Advice
May 19, 2014 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Vicks7

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

I have been very pleased with my current portable rig - an Ipod Classic 160GB, Ray Samuels SR-71B or Pico Slim and Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo using UM Miracle earphones. However, it has been some time since I put this rig together and I would appreciate any recommendations for upgrading.

For example, are any of the current DAPs now at a level that would match my rig with the convenience of only one piece of equipment rather than a brick? Maybe the Astell although opinions still seem mixed. In my main two channel system I have a Baetis Audio server using JRiver so have a large number of files ripped to FLAC lossless if this would influence in which direction to go.

Many thanks

James

May 23, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 5
Just bumping this if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks. James

May 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 5
Just bumping this if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks. James

Mate I've just listened to some FitEars and the Chord Hugo at Jaben in Singapore and it completely blew my mind! I can't compare it to a balanced "rig" and that's one of my niggling questions about it, but it was just extraordinary, and I kind of like the fact that it could work in a desktop system as well. Probably no real help but my 2 cents advice for you! 

May 23, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #5 of 5
Not sure about the reviews being mixed with regards to the AK240. It is an incredible piece of gear, the price is steep. But, there really is no other DAP that can compete IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back