Portable or Desktop Amp/Dac for Beyerdynamic dt770 80ohms
Dec 3, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #17 of 25
Thanks so I'm best going with something like the Teac P50 or the iBasso or something from Fiio?

Depends on the features more than the sound really. D-Zero MkII is cheap and slimmer; the P50 has a knob that should be easier to handle, but you get a bigger amp, those protrusions to the sides can get damaged more than they protect the knob. Still, with the D-Zero, you're going to need a Lightning to camera USB-A adapter, but the Teac just needs a short data cable I think (since it uses a USB-A socket). 

The Ibasso has a switch to disable battery charging when in use, that way you reduce the continuous charging cycle that can put a lot of heat through them. Not sure how the P50 works on that - no switch and supposedly it can charge via USB on top of the 5v PSU.

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #20 of 25
The Teac is £250. But ive decided that I dont really need portability just something I could use with my Macbook Air and PC.

I don't know where you're looking but the TEAC is still available for the £125 I paid on on eBay. Don't think you'll get anything significantly better but the choice is yours!

Dec 5, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #22 of 25
DWI are Australian I believe? Arrived in 3 days anyway!

Dec 5, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #24 of 25
Yes everyrhing it should do. Sealed box. USB and Mains charging cable, bands for ataching player instructions in English!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back