portable isolating headphones
May 17, 2004 at 5:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

skitlets

500+ Head-Fier
im lookin at some portable isolating cans, since mx500s are inaudible at safe listening levels on windy streets or in subway like vehicles. so, im lookin at canalphones. i guess on the market are the ex71s, shure e2 and e3, and ety er6 and er4-p. i will not have an amp and it will be powered by a dell dj.
comfort wise, im sure all are about the same level, but ive got pretty small ears/head. i listen to almost exclusively rock/alternative/acoustic. ive got ms-1s if that tells u anything. e5s are a bit pricey and out of the range, and the e3s and er4s are relly pushing it. wat will i gain from the more expensive ones over the cheaper ex71, e2, or er6?

May 17, 2004 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitlets
wat will i gain from the more expensive ones over the cheaper ex71, e2, or er6?

Apart from the sound features (where I let speak the experts :wink:) the e3 an 4p are smaller than the e2 and er6. So if you have small earchannels then they would probably fit better.

May 17, 2004 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 5
I've never heard Ety's, but from the various threads I've read, they have quite a strong following -- and their following is with people who know headphones and know audio. I have E3c's, and I do like them a lot, but from what I've read, the Ety er4-p beats them hands down. But they ain't cheap. So, in my opinion, you should probably get either E2c's, E3c's or Ety er4-p's in that order, depending on your wallet. I'm not sure where the er6 fits into the group.

May 17, 2004 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 5
ill probably just get the e2c, and wen i find the cash, drop everything into an e5 and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back