Portable Headphones with One Sided Cable
Sep 13, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buranko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uhm, I wonder about those sens hd 228 and 238, they look exactly the same, but the price is like $50 different. And HD 25-1 with 238, which is cost around $120, is it worth it? for a portable headphones.

The HD228 are closed; The HD238 are open. The HD25-1 II are absolutely worth the money. - they are by far the best-sounding portable I own (although the most-convenient award goes to the K81dj).

The one other major single-sided can I can think of it the AKG K181dj.

Sep 13, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #8 of 15
my K518
biggrin.gif

I moded it to have a single sided, detatchable cable
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD 25-1 II

That model has the cable running down the right side (unlike most other headphones with a single-sided cable which runs down the left side).

Sep 13, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That model has the cable running down the right side (unlike most other headphones with a single-sided cable which runs down the left side).

LOL thank you for pointing that out... it feels weird if I imagine the cable is on my right side x_X -- i don't know.

Btw, thanks for the input, I browsed around on youtube about these cans, and I think I narrowed my option for HD25 and K181.

As this will be my first portable headphones, I don't really know about them ^^; (I'm using Denon 1001 now).

I know both of them are on-ear, and will be less comfortable compared with full-sized cans, but which one is more comfortable?

HD25 VS K181 ?

As in sound wise, I believe they both are comparable.
As in size wise, I read in other threads, K181 is a bit too bulky to be portable, is it true?

Other recommendation for one side cable Portable Headphones still welcome.

Sep 13, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #11 of 15
The HD25-1 II is actually pretty rigid in structure - the earcups don't even rotate told fold them flat, so I'm not sure they're any more portable than the K181dj. I find them extremely comfortable personally, but the optional velour pads are a must-have IMO.

Sep 13, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Uhm, I wonder about those sens hd 228 and 238, they look exactly the same, but the price is like $50 different. And HD 25-1 with 238, which is cost around $120, is it worth it? for a portable headphones.

Also keep in mind some of the prices you are quoting are for used/open box items. If you don't mind used items or open box stuff then you are ok.

Sep 13, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opentoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also keep in mind some of the prices you are quoting are for used/open box items. If you don't mind used items or open box stuff then you are ok.

Yes I'm aware of that ^^ -- the brand new is like $200, and I'm looking for the used one. Or I might should wait my luck until thanksgiving, they probably have a discount, hahaha.

Sep 13, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Where do you buy the optional velor pads?
And btw, is there any significant different from HD25-1 vs HD25-1 II ?

The HD25-1 II are supposed to be the best-sounding of the HD25 models. Haven't tried the others myself. Also, velour pads are available from Sennheiser USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back