Portable headphones (What will work the best and why)
Jul 24, 2011 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

twiz 8

New Head-Fier
I am interested in some headphones that are
Portable (for school and for my home computer)
Now certain headphones work better with a certain
Type of music. With that said I will be listening
To primarly hip hop, rap, and rock. I want something
Stylish and not to large, hence portable. Now I have
Not heard anything other than beats and a few others
At the store. I do like the beats solos I am aware
They are Not well perceived here.... So somebody
Convince me that your preference's are better and
Why..... and save your ignorant coments... Mature
Responses only, thank you

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 5
What's your budget for the portable headphones?

I can suggest 2 models that have been suggested to me here, both in the <100$ range.
- Sennheiser PX200II (not much bass, the rest is supposed to be clear, medium good isolation.
- AKG K518DJ/LE (quite bassy, seems to be regarded as a good starting point for lower budget headphones).

If you're in higher price ranges, maybe look for the Sennheiser HD25-1 II? I heard that one "beats" the beats by a long shot. Haven't had the time to test them out thoroughly so someone else will have to comment on that. :wink:

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #4 of 5
Hi twiz 8, I can comment a little on the HD 25-1 as I have one. It isolates very well and is built to be quite sturdy--the frame is all industrial-grade plastic, which keeps it lightweight, tough, and has a matte finish that doesn't seem to scratch easy (and is also not prone to fingerprints). If the regular version is too plain for you, check out the Adidas Originals version--exact same circuitry, just with a different paint job.

I haven't heard the Beats Solo, but aside from their sound, their build quality is often said to be extremely poor. You can find this criticism throughout the Internet, not just on Head-Fi. I think that as proof of this point, the packaging for the Beats Solo HD says "Reinforced Headband" on the side.

I will say that, sonically, the HD 25-1 is absolutely better than Monster's full-sized Beats Studio and Studio Pro.

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 5
We're would I be able to try these out in the states?
And thank you for not turning this into a beats smashing
Thread lol. I have seen that all to many times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back