Portable headphones options
Aug 8, 2013 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

charlie875578

Head-Fier
I'm looking for some good on or over ear hps for school, gym, and on the go. I find that I don't even listen to my favorite music when I'm out now because I don't want to listen to my favorite stuff on my inferior on the go set up (am I the only one like this?). I've been very interested in the vmoda m100 but I've heard that these don't do so good with rock and I listen to a lot of classic rock and modern rock, punk rock, etc. but even in classic rock I like a little bass boost but nothing out of control. Because I'm looking for something for the gym I would also be listening to some rap and movies while at school. I keep seeing m100, m80, Philips fidelio L1, M1, momentum, P5. Vmoda seem like they would be the best bet as the others don't really look like gym 'phones, but if they are bad with rock then I will have to look elsewhere. Also I don't plan on using any amp just iPhone and iPod.

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 3
JVC HA-S500 folding headphones, not a "bassy" headphone, more balanced sound, and they sell for under $60.
and should work fine plugged into just about any portable audio device.
You can get different ear pads (Velour or Leather) for them for around $16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back