1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Portable headphones for under 200$ for general use

1. zzllloz

any suggestions ? These are a few models that looked good

-Focal Spirit one

-audio technica ath es700

-Sony MDR-1R

-JVC HA S500

-not yet released JVC HA-SZ2000/1000

the headphones will be used outside so no open headphones
    Thank you in advance

2. TwinQY
    Quote:

First off - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Any preference in terms of sound sig, genres, comfort, isolation, build, etc? Since we have no basis from which to suggest anything other than an arbitrary list.

Also, you'd probably won't get much feedback from an unreleased product unless you feel risky (personally feel that they look stunning and promising but that's just me playing devil's advocate...)

3. zzllloz
    preferences:
    i want them to be comfortable for long periods of time and light (240 grams and under).
    I listen to: Hip hop , rap , electronic , rock...

4. TwinQY
    Genres are helpful but stating sound preferences/sig preferences would be immensely more helpful.

To re-quote an old post of mine - 

In terms of lightness though, while I'm by no means an accurate scale down to <1 grams, it'd go something like this for me at least - Spirit One, MDR-1R (nice weight distribution IMO), and the S500. Haven't tried the ES700s yet. The JVCs are rumored to be quite heavy as well.

5. zzllloz
    I like my headphones bright with a tight base

6. TwinQY
    Bright and tight - sounds like the S500s from here. The Sonys are rather smoothed out and mid forward.