Portable Headphone for listening music on the go (I need more Bass, Bass, Did I say bass?)
Jun 3, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #16 of 43
I never try one, from what I have read Sennheiser HD251-II is more towards to quality bass than quantity bass. This doesn't mean they are lacking bass, they have plenty and hit hard. If the bass you like is something 'bloated', then Sennheiser HD251-II is not suitable for you :)

EDIT: If budget is not a problem, have a look at Edition 8.

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #18 of 43

Quote:
I never try one, from what I have read Sennheiser HD251-II is more towards to quality bass than quantity bass. This doesn't mean they are lacking bass, they have plenty and hit hard. If the bass you like is something 'bloated', then Sennheiser HD251-II is not suitable for you :)

I dont' know how to explain but I have 4 15 Kicker L7 speakers in my car and the bass is fantastic. I want some kind of experience like that.

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #21 of 43

Quote:
Wait are those real headphones? At first look it did but looking at it again, it seems two piars of loudpseakers lol.

It's not real headphones, lol.
L3000.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #22 of 43

Quote:
Something that may literally move my ears? I was looking at the Sony MDR-XB700 and it seemed interesting, any thoughts about it? My budget seems to be around $100-150

For what you're looking for, the XB700s are pretty good. Lots of thump and definitely an eye catcher if you like the attention.

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

EDIT: If budget is not a problem, have a look at Edition 8.

Nawww.... OP's made it pretty clear he wants exaggerated, slam on clubbing or ghettoblaster bass. If he's at that stage in his life, let him have it. XB700's. 

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #24 of 43

Quote:
For what you're looking for, the XB700s are pretty good. Lots of thump and definitely an eye catcher if you like the attention.

lol I'm not exactly looking for eye catcher but more so of bass!

Quote:
Nawww.... OP's made it pretty clear he wants exaggerated, slam on clubbing or ghettoblaster bass. If he's at that stage in his life, let him have it. XB700's. 

Well I mean I love the clarity about my Monster Turbine Pro Copper. Not too much bass and it's pretty clear in terms of sound. Blew my mind away when I first got it. However I do miss having headphones that have lots of bass, exaggerated? Umm not sure what you mean but lots of thumps yes!

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #26 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsniper911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I mean I love the clarity about my Monster Turbine Pro Copper. Not too much bass and it's pretty clear in terms of sound. Blew my mind away when I first got it. However I do miss having headphones that have lots of bass, exaggerated? Umm not sure what you mean but lots of thumps yes!

Ok, so you're not as much of a kid as I thought, with azn and sniper and bassssss 
tongue.gif
 But if you want something that's just utterly exaggerated bass, stick with XB700. If not, and you just want bass side of neutral, HD25-II is good, maybe look into a few Ultrasones... 

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #27 of 43

Quote:
I dont' know how to explain but I have 4 15 Kicker L7 speakers in my car and the bass is fantastic. I want some kind of experience like that.

I can beat them all.  trust me on this one...
ok bear with me... ill take you through this step by step...   and ill save you lots of money in the process.  you have almost everything you need already. 
First, buy a red wagon.. a radio flyer..the kind with the flames painted on the side.  See if you can upgrade to some oversized knobby rubber tires.
then buy a car battery, or heck make it  2 just to be safe. 
get some rope, tie that battery up in the front of wagon good and tight.
next get yourself a couple 4 metal pipes and weld them to the sides of the wagon so they stick up about two  or 3 feet in a box around the center of the wagon. 
now pull the stereo out of your car, and the speakers.. and all four of those big ol woofers of yours.
bolt the speakers to the posts, stack the woofers in the back of the wagon and use some more of that rope to secure them real tight
now strap that stereo deck right on top of the battery and wire it all up.
there should be just enough space for you to sit in between the battery and the woofers and the 4 speakers can be adjusted to point directly at your ears

Now... the last and most important step.   You're gonna need a monkey.  Preferebly a chimp because they are easiset to train and dont get violent in their old age.
they are also small (keepin it portable) and quite strong for their size. 
train the chimp to pull you around wherever you want to go, to stop for oncoming traffic and various stoplights and signs and what not.
using a stick with a banana hanging from a string in front of the monkey is a good way to keep him going.

Viola.  Eye shaking brain melting portable bass, and one bad ass transportation system to boot, and you didnt even have to spend money on new cans.

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #29 of 43
I'm sorry to hear you didn't have much fate with the Atrio. Some people I know have had Atrio's for at least 2 years...

How about you just get a Govibe Magnum and tweak bass knob to max. I heard that's pretty visceral bass, too. Many not as much as speakers, but somewhat close.

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #30 of 43

Quote:
LOL I WANT THEM

That's what I said to myself when I first saw it, I mean something like that has to be a chick magnet!

Quote:
Ok, so you're not as much of a kid as I thought, with azn and sniper and bassssss 
tongue.gif
 But if you want something that's just utterly exaggerated bass, stick with XB700. If not, and you just want bass side of neutral, HD25-II is good, maybe look into a few Ultrasones... 

Well I am a kid in heart and a very bad one sometimes! I'm only 20 so to many people out there I am a "child" still in many areas of life. After thinking about it, I want Bass to hit very low so that there's some "thump" feeling to it. I remember this feeling when I bought my first headphone, Sony V700DJ. I would crank up my iPod and whenever the bass would occur it was quite accurate and "thump" feeling to it.

Quote:
I can beat them all.  trust me on this one...
ok bear with me... ill take you through this step by step...   and ill save you lots of money in the process.  you have almost everything you need already. 
First, buy a red wagon.. a radio flyer..the kind with the flames painted on the side.  See if you can upgrade to some oversized knobby rubber tires.
then buy a car battery, or heck make it  2 just to be safe. 
get some rope, tie that battery up in the front of wagon good and tight.
next get yourself a couple 4 metal pipes and weld them to the sides of the wagon so they stick up about two  or 3 feet in a box around the center of the wagon. 
now pull the stereo out of your car, and the speakers.. and all four of those big ol woofers of yours.
bolt the speakers to the posts, stack the woofers in the back of the wagon and use some more of that rope to secure them real tight
now strap that stereo deck right on top of the battery and wire it all up.
there should be just enough space for you to sit in between the battery and the woofers and the 4 speakers can be adjusted to point directly at your ears

Now... the last and most important step.   You're gonna need a monkey.  Preferebly a chimp because they are easiset to train and dont get violent in their old age.
they are also small (keepin it portable) and quite strong for their size. 
train the chimp to pull you around wherever you want to go, to stop for oncoming traffic and various stoplights and signs and what not.
using a stick with a banana hanging from a string in front of the monkey is a good way to keep him going.

Viola.  Eye shaking brain melting portable bass, and one bad ass transportation system to boot, and you didnt even have to spend money on new cans.

lol do you think airport security will let me through?

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear you didn't have much fate with the Atrio. Some people I know have had Atrio's for at least 2 years...

How about you just get a Govibe Magnum and tweak bass knob to max. I heard that's pretty visceral bass, too. Many not as much as speakers, but somewhat close.

it's not that I don't have much fate with the Atrio but that I'm too aggressive for the Atrio to handle. I love to blast my music all the way up and I love the bass. I decided after my second Atrio that I might want more clarity and something with a lifetime warranty. Monster came out with one and bam I bought one! That was one of my earlier thoughts, to buy an amp and use it to knock up the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back