Portable Headphone for listening music on the go (I need more Bass, Bass, Did I say bass?)
Jun 3, 2010 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

aznsniper911

New Head-Fier
This thread was started six months ago and at the time I decided to buy the Sony XB700 which were great at first in which the bass and everything was "boomy" however I feel after a while it has lots it's "boom" or "bassy" feel to it and now I'm in need of a new HEADPHONE! My budget is capped around $300 and maybe up to $400 if I can get so much bass my entire head shakes! I was thinking of getting Beats Studio by Dre since I can get it for $240. Any suggestions?

A while ago I made a thread about portable IEM and now it seems like I need portable headphones also! I bought the Monster Copper Pro and it's terrific sound! Love the overall balance, not too much bass or highs. However now I need headphones that have lots of bass. Something that may literally move my ears? I was looking at the Sony MDR-XB700 and it seemed interesting, any thoughts about it? My budget seems to be around $100-150

Jun 3, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 43
Whenever somebody says they want bass, bass, and more bass, all I can think of is the super.fi 5 EB. By reputation though, not from experience.

Jun 3, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 43
JH16 Pro's?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?
ph34r.gif

Just kidding...

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 43

Quote:
A while ago I made a thread about portable IEM and now it seems like I need portable earphones also! I bought the Monster Copper Pro and it's terrific sound! Love the overall balance, not too much bass or highs. However now I need headphones that have lots of bass. Something that may literally move my ears? I was looking at the Sony MDR-XB700 and it seemed interesting, any thoughts about it? My budget seems to be around $100-150

Do you mean portable headphones? Some portable headphones: {1}    

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #8 of 43
I'd recommend the HFI-780s. The only bad thing about them is the 1000 ft cable, but you can just bunch it up and wire tie it or something. You'd have to get them used from the FS forum, but they go for $150 and have ginormous BASS!!

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #10 of 43
Lol I know, that's why I put the interweb emphasis on it :D

COMPLETELY RANDOM: I just bent the metal on my 770/80 and they don't clamp nearly as hard, my head no longer hurts. However I feel as though they're a little loose on the back end of my ear... I didn't realize bending them would be so easy

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #12 of 43

Quote:
I'd recommend the HFI-780s. The only bad thing about them is the 1000 ft cable, but you can just bunch it up and wire tie it or something. You'd have to get them used from the FS forum, but they go for $150 and have ginormous BASS!!

Not really, you can plug it into your home setup and go outside. Just make sure you stay within a 1,000ft distance from your house.
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #14 of 43

Quote:
Lol I know, that's why I put the interweb emphasis on it :D

COMPLETELY RANDOM: I just bent the metal on my 770/80 and they don't clamp nearly as hard, my head no longer hurts. However I feel as though they're a little loose on the back end of my ear... I didn't realize bending them would be so easy

lol yeah sorry, I'm a really bad bass head!

Quote:
Just get the Futuresonics Atrio. They aren't called "Godfather of Bass" for nothing.

And yes those are IEMs.

Ah I have gone through 2 Atrio M5, they speaker inside of them keep breaking!

Quote:
Though over your budget, you might be interested in the Sennheiser HD251-II :)

Budget is no concern now, BASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back