Portable Headphone Amps + speakers (e.g. soundmatters foxl)
Dec 29, 2009 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bearbb

New Head-Fier
I am rather new to Portable Headphone Amps. Since I just brought a new cell phone (moto milestone/droid). I connected to my soundmatters foxl speaker, but I think the sound quality is not good enough (compare with my pc audio sys).
k701smile.gif

So I want to get a Portable Headphone Amps in order to improve the sound quality. I am not sure whether Portable Headphone Amps is good for speakers like soundmatters foxl, since I know most people use Portable Headphone Amps for headphone only, I didn't see people using it for speakers.

I do some research on Portable Headphone Amps, I think a lot of people in this forum use these brands as well:

pico
nuforce
iBasso

Apr 25, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 6
No, a portable headphone amp isnt going to help much. The problem is likely with your phone's audio output, I know the DROID is far from the king of sound quality

All I know is the Cowon J3 playing FLAC to the foxlv2 sounds great 
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 6
Headphone amps usually are limited in power. Speakers may need more power.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #4 of 6
The foxl is a powered system. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't a headphone amp make no difference in driving the speakers properly if the system includes speaker amplification?

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #5 of 6
If there's amplification inside the speakers already, then no need to double amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back