portable device as car stereo source
Sep 11, 2009 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

fredog

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to figure out the best portable device to use as an aux source in a relatively good car stereo system (2000 USD installed).

I've been considering a ipod 5th gen and using the line out.

Will the line out from a unit that has one sound better than any unit's headphone out.

Will I be able to hear a difference from a 5th gen Ipod (no Imod) and another Ipod without the better DAC.

Should I only be considering units with line out and which units do have line out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Bob

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #2 of 3
For synergy with home set up or car audio source, AMP3 could be suitable DAP. For I usually use it in my home audio set up with it's powerful signals. AMP3 have a very unique design which have a built in class A amp. plus it's superb sound source, it can actually works as a player+ preamp.

One user think the sound source quality of AMP3 could be as good as the Marantz CD player, cite it for your reference:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/am...8/index74.html

Personally, I think, AMP3 sound like marantz's CD Player, especially as I originally owned by CD63SE, less focus on acoustic properties such as high-frequency extension, but put all the emphasis placed in the resurgence of musical content, I guess hisoundaudio designers should be a recognition of those who marantz, right? At least once a user! Because very few people would like to design audio products, and this requires courage, the general reference to the manufacturer of most of these focus on resolving power and level DENON screen features extended to meet the tastes of ordinary consumers. In any case, AMP3 offers a very personal sound choice, I do not know if other people like it or not, but I still choose to Jaben ordered a AMP3, as I gave up DENON selected marantz same.

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #3 of 3
I use my Ipod Classic 160gb with LOD for this purpose. I am satisfied with this solution. It allows me to bring my "whole" record collection with me on the road!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back