Portable DAC for RSA SR-71
Mar 5, 2012 at 8:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Jason36

500+ Head-Fier
Following my thread with regards to the Fostex HP-P1 or SR-71.

I have opted for the SR-71....mainly because the amp is better than the amp in the Fostex....it should provide me an increase in sound quality from my iPhone 4S using Apple Lossless files and it provides an easier upgrade path for the future...i.e. if I add a portable DAC I can change one or the other as I require without having to start all over again. Initial outlay may be more but I am sure that longer term it will provide greater benefits.

So onto my question.....I have the amp and at the moment a basic Fiio LOD cable. I am now looking at advice for a potential portable DAC to add to the amplifier?

I know there is the CLAS DAC and believe that this with the RSA should provide an excellent sounding system.

Are there any other DAC's I could consider along the same sort of lines I am looking for something that when put with the RSA and iPhone is not too bulky but still highly portable.....this combo will be used whilst away on business, on holiday, travelling on the train and as a portable rig at home...especially for in the garden or bedroom.

Also if it can be used with the iPad and also used as an external soundcard via USB for my PC at work that would be brilliant.

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back