Portable Amp with adjustable bass boost as well as treble?
Oct 22, 2010 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

soviet911

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I have been thinking about upgrading my portable amp, I have built my Cmoy and while it provides plenty of power I want to have more adjustablity in my portable amp, contrlloing the bass and trebble is what Im looking for, I have several options, first is to rebuild my Cmoy and incorporate adjustable bass boost, better power supply and try some more opamps. Second option is to buy an amp that has those function built in, and would also be smaller and slimmer then my cmoy. My budget is less the 200$, 100$ is preferable and as suck FiiO 7 comes into play, while I heard they dont provide aton of power as well as they are not robust as I would like wich is important to me. What would you advise I get out of portable amps out there. 

My set up is Zune HD and HD25-1. 

Thanks all.

Oct 24, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #2 of 11
Slight bump. I have been reading and came down to the followng list of amps to use with my Hd25-1's and zune Hd and wanted some imput on wich would be better choice

FiiO E7- I think It would work well considering I could use it with my PC, life battery and as well 3 levels of bass boost look promising, but that where it ends. 

ibasso T3, seems to be worshiped in T3/T4 forums and is supposedly an amazing choice for the price, but I keep reading its designed for IEM's and was woundering if it would work well with Hd25-1. AS well as a major step up from the E7. 

D2+ Boa heard its a great bargain for the money, but not much else. 

Any other recomendations and thoughts? Thanks.

Oct 24, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #3 of 11
why cant you EQ before the amp? your player has no EQ?

Oct 24, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 11
Unfortuntaly Zune HD only has presets >.> sighs...as well as it takes 23/30 to put the Hd25-1 to sound level i like, and there is a defenit improvment in the bass with  the my home built Cmoy and as such I have been on the search for a way to get an amp that will provide a better improvment in bass over my Cmoy, as well as be rechargable and more portable then my cmoy. Any comments and advices will apreciated. thanks.

Oct 24, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #5 of 11
Oct 24, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #7 of 11
I believe Practical Devices XM5 has adjustable Bass and Treble settings, as well as crossfeed.  Decent choice if you need all those options.

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #9 of 11

soviet911 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortuntaly Zune HD only has presets >.> sighs...as well as it takes 23/30 to put the Hd25-1 to sound level i like, and there is a defenit improvment in the bass with the my home built Cmoy and as such I have been on the search for a way to get an amp that will provide a better improvment in bass over my Cmoy, as well as be rechargable and more portable then my cmoy. Any comments and advices will apreciated. thanks.

Nice writing, This is what I'm looking for, Thanks for your effort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back