Portable amp for use with a Samsung Galaxy S2 + HFI 780s
Dec 22, 2011 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

rabidgamer

Head-Fier
Hey everyone, just got a new pair of headphones today (Ultrasone HFI 780s) from eBay for £80, they cost like £160 new so bit of a bargain... they do have some scratches though, and the ear cup pads are a bit flaky now, but not too much of an issue atm.

Anyway, I tried just plugging them straight into my SG2 and well, they sound awful coming from it... nothing compared to when their used from the Mixamp 5.8 (only 'amp' I have) and they also don't sound as good from my PC either, which has a Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Xtreme Audio card, but that isn't an issue really as I'm trying to avoid listening from my PC anyway, the fans are extremely loud to the point where I can hear them during the music lol.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience using a portable amp with a SG2 and if it improves the sound quality a lot? I am looking at the E11, as it's the cheapest and has some really good reviews around here... it also seems like it'd fit the bill perfectly.

Any help/other suggestions would be much appreciated... I'd rather not have to go buy an Ipod of some sort though, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back