portable amp for triple.fi
Jan 21, 2007 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

joefosho315

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've been searching for a portable amp for quite some time now. It will be for my 5G Ipod and UE triple.fi 10's. I'd like to keep it below $150. I'm particularly looking for something that synergizes well with the triple.fi's, like a more forward mid-range. There are just so many affordable portable amps out there, especially the recent chinese ones (C&C, X-1, iBasso, etc.) that it's hard to choose. I'd require that the amp be able to be plugged into the wall for charging. Another thing that would be nice would be a variable gain setting, so that I could switch the amp to high-gain for use for my HD580's. I believe the X-1 has this, which appeals to me. So with that said, is there a particular amp that you guys would recommend for the triple.fi's?

Jan 21, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 2
As for my recommended amps, you may watch out for the Faith Amp, Xtra X1, C&C Box, and most of all Xenos 1HA-EPT (if you can swing an extra 29, it's 179 - with free xpress shipping). The GoVibe V5S is another decent amp at $90, but then you would have to declare what gain (hi or low) at order time, although the low gain version seems to be able to handle 100 ohm impedance phones well. I have a pair of E500s and I had the low gain version of the GoVibe and it served me well, my only complaint was the somewhat "veiled" midrange, but the treble\and bass were very detailed, to me.

Search for these amps online and see which spec best fits your budget/and needs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back