Portable Amp / DAC Shootout: iFi Micro iDSD vs Resonessence Concero HP vs Chord Mojo vs iFi iDAC2 vs HRT Microstreamer
Mar 3, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #16 of 37
That's exactly what I'm going to do - any suggestions from you Sil3nce for Concero HP pairing would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hey!
Are you asking for suggestions for headphones with the Concero HP? 

Feel free to PM me with your requirements.

Best.

Mar 25, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #17 of 37
Thanks for the review and comparisons

I bought the Mojo in November of last year and didn't realise there were so many choices available. I had come from the line of Fiio E17 and E18 portable DAC/AMP and had been using these just with my mobile phone. I decided to upgrade and the only other DAC I had heard of and was seriously considering was the Oppo HA-2.

While doing so research online and via the UK based Hi-Fi website, What Hi-Fi when searching for reviews on the HA-2, I read about this thing called a Chord Mojo and read how it was not only considered their DAC of the year up to £800 but Hi-Fi product of the year Award winner.

Since owning my Mojo and then only once I started using it, came to Head-Fi. I have learnt that other DAC's were available with iFi devices being the other line of DAC's I would have considered had I known about them.

All told not only am I satisfied with my decision but feel having read your review that others too feel the same way about this wonderful device.

My choice was made to reflect my requirements and even knowing now what other options are available and my usage scenarios, I still feel the right choice was made. YMMV

May 24, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #20 of 37
Just found this thread.

Thanks so much for taking the time to Review them.

Im trying to decide between a Mojo and iDSD and while i havent made the decsision yet, this thread has helped a lot.

May 25, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #21 of 37
Nice review Sil3nce!

If you've heard any Fiio players, could you do a quick compare for context? Interested in the Mojo and Concero HP vs Fiio X3ii specifically.

Aug 6, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #22 of 37
Lovely Comparison.
The Concero description corresponds with my observation although i have the HD version.
But really nice review.

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #23 of 37
Very nice comparison. I'm trying to get something for my Westone UM Pro 50 IEM (I'm coming from Sony PHA-1a) and not sure which way to go - either Chord Mojo or iDSD. Other option is just to get Onkyo DAP and have all in one device. The problem is that it is impossible to audition them all.

After reading tons of reviews and opinions it looks like Mojo is the way to go (especially for low impendance headphones like my IEM).

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #24 of 37
Very nice comparison. I'm trying to get something for my Westone UM Pro 50 IEM (I'm coming from Sony PHA-1a) and not sure which way to go - either Chord Mojo or iDSD. Other option is just to get Onkyo DAP and have all in one device. The problem is that it is impossible to audition them all.

After reading tons of reviews and opinions it looks like Mojo is the way to go (especially for low impendance headphones like my IEM).

Can't go wrong with the Mojo!
You can always get most of your money back if you decide to go a different route.

Aug 22, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #25 of 37
Can anyone tell me how hot the mojo gets? I keep reading "warm" and "hot" and I wonder about the unit life with the battery inside. Quite frankly I also have concerns about leaving something plugged in all the time that has a battery in it too. 

Aug 22, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #26 of 37
  Can anyone tell me how hot the mojo gets? I keep reading "warm" and "hot" and I wonder about the unit life with the battery inside. Quite frankly I also have concerns about leaving something plugged in all the time that has a battery in it too. 

It gets warm, but of you use line out then it will become hot, but there is a thermal cut. So no need to worry.
In last 6 months, the Thermal cut happens to me on Lineout level only for 3/4 times.

Aug 22, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #27 of 37
  It gets warm, but of you use line out then it will become hot, but there is a thermal cut. So no need to worry.
In last 6 months, the Thermal cut happens to me on Lineout level only for 3/4 times.

Wow. Having it cut out on me at all because it got too hot would piss me off. With the success of this unit you'd think they would get rid of the battery and put it in a larger case for home use as an alternative. Thanks for the reply.

Aug 22, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #28 of 37

Wow. Having it cut out on me at all because it got too hot would piss me off. With the success of this unit you'd think they would get rid of the battery and put it in a larger case for home use as an alternative. Thanks for the reply.

Mojo TT :)

Aug 22, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #29 of 37
Purchased the iDac2. 

To be blunt though (and this sounds stupid I know), I've never had a dac with a volume control and don't understand the concept. How does it work with the amp volume control?

iDac2 will be replacing a music streamer II+

Aug 22, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #30 of 37
  Purchased the iDac2. 

To be blunt though (and this sounds stupid I know), I've never had a dac with a volume control and don't understand the concept. How does it work with the amp volume control?

iDac2 will be replacing a music streamer II+

If you buy Mojo, you don't need another Amp :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back