Porta Corda opinions?
Nov 25, 2002 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

appar111

Headphoneus Supremus
I am thinking of getting another small headphone amp, and have heard the name Porta Corda used quite a few times on here. Any opinions on this headphone amp? What headphones work best with it, what's a decent price for one used, battery life, sound quality, etc.?

thanks guys!
appar111

Nov 25, 2002 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 5
Another question is how it compairs to its big brother, the HA-1. Sorry I can't answer your question, I'm kind wondering the same thing my self.

Nov 25, 2002 at 2:06 AM Post #3 of 5
Hey appar111 --

They'll probably move this to the amp section in not too long.

I have a porta corda and love it to death. The sound quality is absolutely A-1, top notch, numero uno, IMHO. I use it primarily for my Sennheiser HD 580s, and the sound with the two is nothing short of stunning and breathtaking, IMHO.

I tried some headroom amps and prefer the porta corda to headroom amps costing more.

Darkwolf:

I have heard the HA-1, and as far as I'm concerned, it exceeds the quality I would need to know that I was going to get the very best sound I could appreciate. I think you could have 100 percent confidence in it that you have a first class amp if you get one. This would be my first choice for a no-holds-barred headphone amp. I don't doubt that there are amps that will exceed the HA-1 in specs, but for me, once you get into HA-1 quality territory, you just don't need to worry about specs anymore, you are way beyond readily audible differences in sound. You're getting into a zone where the next increment in quality is getting really esoteric. That's for ME. Others will feel differently, I'm sure.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by appar111
I am thinking of getting another small headphone amp, and have heard the name Porta Corda used quite a few times on here. Any opinions on this headphone amp? What headphones work best with it, what's a decent price for one used, battery life, sound quality, etc.?

thanks guys!
appar111

Nov 25, 2002 at 4:50 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks steve. Now I just have to kill a lot of time and keep my job and in a while I can order my rig. Boy will that be nice. Headphone listening is kinda growing on me even with the crappy Radio Shack spawned phones I have now.

Nov 25, 2002 at 8:08 PM Post #5 of 5
I only have the old version, but I'm very happy with it. It doesn't even suck when compared to the Corda HA-1 - but the ProJect HeadBox sucks compared to the Porta Corda. I had some suggestions for the Porta Corda, though, but as far as I know Jan has included all in the now available version II (the black one). So full thumbs up from here!

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back