Porta corda mkII vs Musical Fidelity X-Can
Jun 5, 2005 at 8:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

viet1001

New Head-Fier
hey guys, I'm planning to buy the porta corda II for my sennheiser hd-595 and ipod, but I see the musical fidelity x-can going on ebay for a little bit cheaper. which one would you guys recommend? any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Jun 5, 2005 at 8:24 AM Post #2 of 7
For portable use the Porta Corda, for home use the X-Can(s) (which version?).

peacesign.gif

Jun 5, 2005 at 8:42 AM Post #5 of 7
It's an X-Can V2. Plus power supply and phone stage. That's a very good deal at the current price. But there are 5 days left, so I fear it will rise considerably.

peacesign.gif

Jun 5, 2005 at 8:47 AM Post #6 of 7
yeah jazz, you're probably right, i forgot to look at the remaining time left. oh well, looks like porta corda ii it is. although the porta corda iii was released recently i believe, do you guys know how that compares up to the II version? its even cheaper that what i can find the porta corda ii for.

Jun 5, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #7 of 7
I have had both the X-Can v.2 and the Porta Corda II. Assuming you're talking about non-portable use, I think the X-Can is much better for home use than the Porta Corda; there's really no comparison in my opinion. The Porta Corda is a very nice portable amp, but doesn't have the dynamics and the oomph of the X-Can v.2. And the X-Can v. 3 is supposed to be even better than the X-Can 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back