Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream DVD-A w/5.1 surround is here
Oct 5, 2009 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

rlmacklin

Head-Fier
Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream DVD-A w/5.1 surround is here

Porcupine Tree

" Latest Releases
porcupine tree - stupid dream (cd/dvda digibook - KSCOPE)
The Kscope edition of the long out of print 1999 studio album by Porcupine Tree, lavishly revamped into a glorious digi-book CD/DVDA set.

Contains a remixed/remastered stereo mix and 5.1 surround version, the promo video for Piano Lessons, photo gallery, and 5.1 mixes of bonus tracks, Ambulance Chasing and Even Less.

A definitive version of one of the essential albums in the PT catalogue.

more
buy ($18.00 USD) "

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 13
I hope that the mastering/mixing is better than the CD version
frown.gif

Oct 5, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #3 of 13
the digibook is new... the CD+DVD-A itself has a 2006 release date.

to be fair though, this is one of the few discs you'll get the full 14 minute version of Even Less so it;s good that they released it in digibook.

LingLing1337 - I don't have the original CD to compare - in fact I only listen to the 5.1 DVD-A ... sounds awesome.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no no this is the same as the original DVD-A (I think) just in digibook format

Yep, it's pretty much a re-re-release
wink.gif

The DVD-Audio material (the stuff really worth buying) is all the same.

Oct 6, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the digibook is new... the CD+DVD-A itself has a 2006 release date.

to be fair though, this is one of the few discs you'll get the full 14 minute version of Even Less so it;s good that they released it in digibook.

LingLing1337 - I don't have the original CD to compare - in fact I only listen to the 5.1 DVD-A ... sounds awesome.

I have the 2006 release, and while it has the DVD with DVD-A content, it also has 5.1 non-DVD-A content. There's some pics and lyrics and other stuff. Is this the Digibook content? I'm pretty sure this was the least expensive version of Stupid Dream I could find, and am very pleased with the extras. Perhaps I've been overwhelmed by the creative content, but I've found nothing wrong with the CD.

Oct 6, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #8 of 13
What I really want is a full vinyl box-set of all of PT's albums. Or at the very least re-release all of the albums on vinyl at once rather than drip feeding us limited pressings that are sold out instantly.

Oct 6, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I really want is a full vinyl box-set of all of PT's albums. Or at the very least re-release all of the albums on vinyl at once rather than drip feeding us limited pressings that are sold out instantly.

By calling anything "limited" they bring out the speculative buyers. I was surprised that I was able to order a collector version of Incident weeks after it was made available for pre-order.

Oct 6, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #10 of 13
But the previous version I have does NOT have the lengthy version of Even Less and Ambulance chasing on the DVD, this one claims there are surround versions of those tracks. Is it there is a bonus section or something and I just missed it?

Oct 6, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the previous version I have does NOT have the lengthy version of Even Less and Ambulance chasing on the DVD, this one claims there are surround versions of those tracks. Is it there is a bonus section or something and I just missed it?

There is only one DVD-Audio release, and it has both of those tracks. They are bonus tracks, but they are there. I do not know what you have if you cannot find them
confused_face_2.gif

This new thing is the same mastering and musical content but with a digibook instead of a jewel case.

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some players are finicky about finding all the content. It's there, but your player might not be able to navigate to it. One of my computers will only let me get to the 24 bit, but not 5.1, or the two bonus tracks.

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some players are finicky about finding all the content. It's there, but your player might not be able to navigate to it. One of my computers will only let me get to the 24 bit, but not 5.1, or the two bonus tracks.

Just download DVDAExplorer and extract the audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back