Popular Classical Music
Sep 19, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #6,721 of 8,694
Waterton Lakes FTW!

Indeed Mr T, it looks like a nice spot!

1632075860621.png

Sep 20, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #6,725 of 8,694
You might be thinking of Elk Island. Waterton is way down in the SW corner of AB, much closer to Calgary. Prairie grassland right up to the mountains. Go there in the Winter and you don't even have to pay park admission - at least you didn't last time I was there
Right, like I said it´s been a while. Waterton Lakes is the NP I used to pass on my way into the US in my motorhome.
And much more scenic than Elk Island.
We had both dinner at the hotel on the lake and stayed overnight there once, on our way down to Yellowstone.
But unlike the US where I have only been to concerts in New York and SF I did now and them make it to both the Vancouver/ Calgary/ Banff and Edmonton concert venues.
The really good thing with Banff apart from stunning scenery, was the annual chamber music festival.
Park fees? No problem, I used to have surprisingly cheap season passes for both Alberta NPs and Yellowstone/Grand Teton in those days.
I was often there for three to four months a year photographing.
Imho. the Canadian and US Rockies almost rival the Himalayas for stunning scenery
Cheers CC

Sep 22, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #6,735 of 8,694
FRANCIS POULENC (1899-1963) Sinfonietta, FP 141 (Con permiso de J. and W. Chester Ltd.) Allegro con fuoco (0:10) Molto vivace (8:12) Andante cantabile (13:50) Finale (20:42)
Orquesta Sinfónica de Galicia
José Trigueros, director
Grabación realizada en el Palacio de la Ópera de A Coruña el 21 de mayo de 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back