Popular Classical Music
Feb 27, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #1,156 of 8,694
Some more love for Russia. Make sure that you have time to listen to these before you start. Both are over an hour.

Mar 1, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #1,161 of 8,694
We are pretty much snowbound here in most of Ireland and the UK with much worse to come as "Storm Emma" joins "The Beast from the East" (Siberian winds and heavy snow)

It got me thinking of a few posts of mine back in September 2016 which have a few good videos (below but the gifs no longer work since the site upgrade)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/popular-classical-music.808665/page-23#post-12853062

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/popular-classical-music.808665/page-23#post-12853102

82bb3189fbbba76599380f1563ac0bfe.gif
5508f69c6c427-pandapumpkin.gif

e0c041a5bde91d0d3c1eb5d4347fb2b5.gif
giphy.gif

Mar 1, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #1,163 of 8,694
Being a bit nostalgic and remembering my days in concert band. The first one is an orchestral arrangement, but this is a fantastic performance.

Mar 1, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #1,166 of 8,694
A random comment from me as usual..............................

Regularly I see some very nice content posted here and I hope that most people appreciate the effort made by those who participate (but somehow for some reason I doubt it - but such is life)............... :ksc75smile:

But, never-the-less why not join in with us and post whatever catches your ear or eye (as they say - variety is the spice of her life!).

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #1,168 of 8,694

The middle one was composed by my cousin. Probably my favorite track from that particular album.

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #1,169 of 8,694
Good to see you again TJ

An unusual video worth posting (and two spiels that come with the video below to help make sense of it)

Playing a sad emotional piece when you are feeling emotional is only going to end a bit like this......... :cry::disappointed_relieved::sleepy::sweat::joy_cat::sob:......................................................

"Simone Lamsma (violin) - Davida Scheffers (cor anglais - woodwind instrument of the oboe family ) Watch til the end, emotion guaranteed... Davida Scheffers has lived her dream in winning a contest and the opportunity to play with the dutch Orchestra. Davida suffers from an extremely painful neuromuscular condition that derailed her career, and she thought she would never get to play in a professional orchestra again... The young blond lady is her daughter and was 18 years old that day."

and....

"The tears are because this orchestra is made up of highly-skilled amateur musicians most of whom went to conservatory and had plans to be professionals, but somehow never made it; Davida suffers from an extremely painful neuromuscular condition that derailed her career, and she thought she would never get to play in a professional orchestra again. That, combined with this particular piece of music, elicited the emotional response we all saw here. (The also-emotional blonde woman they kept panning to in the audience is Davida’s daughter)"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back