Popular Classical Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by light - man, May 19, 2016.
First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Page 49 of 144
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Next

Last
  1. Head1
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    Light - Man and Pokemonn like this.
  2. Head1
    Schubert - Ave Maria - Uros Baric

Pokemonn likes this.
  3. Head1
    Schubert - Arpeggione Sonata - Miklós Perényi, cello & András Schiff, piano

wskl, Light - Man and Pokemonn like this.
  4. Head1
    Grieg - Peace of the woods - Håkon Austbø

wskl and Pokemonn like this.
  5. Head1
    Barrios - Un Sueño en la Floresta (A dream in the forest) - Johannes Moller

6. Light - Man
    An obvious one that I reckon can be overlooked.

A young orchestra from Canada (and I reckon they do a nice job of it).

wskl, Head1 and Pokemonn like this.
  7. Light - Man
  8. Head1
    ^ Thanks for your nice comment.

Maybe you'll like this accordion duet.

Bob Dylan: Make You Feel My Love (Dejan Vidovič, accordion - Uros Baric, classical guitar)

Pokemonn and Light - Man like this.
  9. Head1
    Mozart - Ave Verum Corpus - Westminster Cathedral Choir & James O'Donnell

Quinto and Pokemonn like this.
  10. Head1
    Adalgiso Ferraris - Dark Eyes (Очи чёрные) - Dmitri Hvorostovsky RIP

11. Light - Man
    I think there is something engrossing about this old black and white composition :ksc75smile: recorded in Paris back in 1974 (be patient and watch it when you have the time)

Menuhin, Rostropovich & Kempff - Beethoven, Piano Trio Op. 97 "Archduke"

There is a bit of a tense moment at the start when the cellist knocks over his chair (precariously placed on his playing perch)

wskl, Head1, Pokemonn and 1 other person like this.
  12. wskl

Light - Man, Head1 and Pokemonn like this.
  13. Head1
    Fauré - Sicilienne - Steven Isserlis, Pascal Devoyon

Light - Man, wskl and Pokemonn like this.
  14. Light - Man
    ^ Looks good Sir, I will check it out later when I get some time, I am busy doing some household chores and preparing walls for painting before the Christmas silly season really kicks in.

I also have to give a special mention to Mr wskl for all his contributions since this thread started!

Also to Mr Pokemonn for his general enthusiasm as well as his good taste in music (of course) :)

And of course, all others who have contributed and who follow this thread!

A concert that was on last night (I will fill in the blanks later when I get the time)

Edit: (Spiel)

RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra
    Nathalie Stutzmann
    conductor
    RTÉ Philharmonic Choir
    chorus master: Mark Hindley
    Maire Flavin
    soprano
    Sara Mingardo alto
    Robin Tritschler tenor
    Leon Kosavic bass

R Strauss Tod und Verklärung, TrV 158, Op.24 (Death and Transfiguration) / 23'
    Mozart Requiem, K.626 (Süssmayr) / 48'

Principal Guest Conductor Nathalie Stutzmann conducts the RTÉ Philharmonic Choir for the very first time in a profoundly moving choral blockbuster, where four acclaimed solo voices will gloriously combine. Alongside, Richard Strauss’ moving description of the journey from birth to death and beyond with all the rich and dramatic immediacy of a Hollywood soundtrack.

Composers throughout the ages have been fascinated by death and the prospect of what might lie beyond. Two of the most moving musical responses to this eternal mystery suggest death might not be an end, but a great beginning.

Richard Strauss’s resounding tone poem Tod und Verklärung thrillingly imagines death (‘Tod’) as the prelude to transfiguration (‘Verklärung’) and conjures the universal journey from childhood to an afterlife in ‘the infinite reaches of heaven’ in brilliantly rich and colourful music.

Composed to a secret commission while Mozart himself was dying (at the tragically early age of 35), he became convinced he was writing his Requiem for his own funeral. Completed by his friend Franz Xaver Süssmayr, it speaks to our primal fears about the leaving of life in profoundly moving music that offers the promise of release from earthly suffering in the peace in a hoped-for hereafter.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=b16_10808800_8861_01-12-2017_

Note : YT link normally only lasts 5-6 days until the following Thursday and some of Friday?!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  15. Head1
    David Garrett playing Niccolò Paganini and his caprice 24.

First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Page 49 of 144
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Next

Last